X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Update - total fatalities - 11

Source: http://www.in.gov/flu/2442.htm

Week 40 (October 4-10, 2009) Summary
    • The current percentage of influenza-like illness reported by the emergency department surveillance system (6.8%) has surpassed the seasonal peak experienced during the 2008-2009 influenza season.
    • Younger populations (0-25 years of age) had the highest tendency to seek care of influenza-like illness at sentinel provider clinics.
    • 27% of reporting hospitals stated that the number of influenza-like illness-related hospitalizations is currently ?slightly elevated? or ?elevated? compared to previous years.
    • Influenza-like illness-related absenteeism rates in health care personnel increased significantly (30%) during this reporting week compared to the weighted moving average absenteeism rate (p<0.05 level).
    • During Week 40, 100% (31/31) of specimens that were positive for influenza were 2009 H1N1.
    • Since September 1, 2009, 95% of specimens that were positive for influenza were 2009 H1N1.
    • One confirmed 2009 H1N1 influenza-related death was reported during Week 40.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Indiana Update - total fatalities - 11

Source: http://www.in.gov/flu/2442.htm

Week 41 (October 11-17, 2009) Summary
    • The current percentage of ILI reported by the emergency department surveillance (ED) system (10.6%) has considerably surpassed the seasonal peak experienced during the 2008/9 influenza season.
    • Younger populations (0-25 years of age) had the highest tendency to seek care for ILI at sentinel provider clinics.
    • The rate of ILI and pneumonia-related hospitalizations per 100 inpatient beds increased 24.7% compared to the weighted moving average from the previous three weeks.
    • While all age categories experienced increases in the rate of ILI and pneumonia-related hospitalizations per 100 inpatient beds, the largest increases occurred in the 0-4 and 5-18 year old age categories.
    • Three confirmed influenza-related deaths were reported during Week 41.
    • Two were due to 2009 H1N1 and one was not tested to delineate between seasonal influenza and 2009 H1N1.
    • During week 41, 98% (56/57) of specimens that were positive for influenza were 2009 H1N1.
    • One specimen was positive for influenza B.
    • Other respiratory viruses are circulating in addition to influenza.
    • Since September 1, 2009, 96% (179/186) of specimens tested by the ISDH Laboratory that were positive for influenza were 2009 H1N1.
    • During week 41, 27 Indiana schools (K-12) reported that their absenteeism rate was 20% or higher.
    • A total of 38 schools have reported 20% or higher absenteeism rates since September 14, 2009.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Working...
    X