• Show
Clear All

• Tippecanoe County woman with H1N1 dies

Source: http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/india...091015_2964433

Tippecanoe County woman with H1N1 dies
    Woman was 40 years old

Updated: Thursday, 15 Oct 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
    Published : Thursday, 15 Oct 2009, 2:34 PM EDT

TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - There has been a death in Tippecanoe County from H1N1.

This is the first death reported in Tippecanoe related to the disease.

The victim was a 40-year-old woman with one co-morbidity. This means another disease or medical condition was a contributing factor in her death in addition to H1N1.

She died Thursday morning from fulminant respiratory failure at an area hospital.

News Channel 18 interviewed Tippecanoe County Health Department Administrator Ron Cripe about this death. That video is associated with this story.

H1N1 cases are typically mild, but the disease can be fatal, especially if other diseases or medical conditions are present.

Basic symptoms of H1N1 are similar to those of seasonal flu. They include:

* Fever
    * Cough
    * Sore throat
    * Fatigue
    * Chills
    * Body aches

The Purdue Health Center has offered the following tips to help prevent the spread of H1N1:

* Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
    * Cough into your sleeve or a tissue to prevent spreading germs. Do not cough into your hands. Dispose of tissues in a wastebasket.
    * Wash your hands with soap under warm running water for 20 seconds and rinse your hands well. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
    * Dry your hands using a paper towel or air dryer. If possible, use the paper towel to turn off the faucet and turn the doorknob. Be sure your hands are dry before directly touching anything.
    * Consider getting a vaccination against the seasonal flu. While this will not protect against H1N1, they will protect against previously known flu strains.

Re: Tippecanoe County woman with H1N1 dies

This was my SIL........Her name was Cyndi.

Comment

I am so very sorry, IndyGirl. If you want to share anything about Cyndi, the folks here will listen. Regardless, we honor her memory, and we will hold you and her other loved ones in our thoughts.

Evelyn

Comment

I am so sorry. You are in my prayers.

Comment

I am very sorry for your loss, IndyGirl. My deepest sympathy to your family.
          I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

I am so sorry IndyGirl
            "There's a chance peace will come in your life - please buy one" - Melanie Safka
            "The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be" - Socrates

Comment

I'm very sorry for you. I will pray for you and your family.
              "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

My condolences IndyGirl.

Comment

I am sorry for your loss IndyGirl...
                  Separate the wheat from the chaff

Comment

Working...
                  X