X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Reports 6 Deaths in Week 45 -total 30

Source: http://www.in.gov/flu/2442.htm

Severity of Influenza-Like Illness and/or Pneumonia in the Community
    • The rate of ILI and/or pneumonia-related hospitalizations per 100 inpatient beds decreased by 18% compared to the weighted moving average from the previous three weeks.
    • All age groups experienced a decreased rate of ILI and/or pneumonia-related hospitalizations per 100 inpatient beds compared to the weighted moving averaged from the previous three weeks.
    • The largest decreases occurred in the 0-18 and 19-24 year old age groups (-40% and -44%, respectively).
    • 53% of reporting hospitals stated that the number of ILI-related hospitalizations is currently ?slightly elevated? or ?elevated? compared to previous years. This is compared to 55% during the previous reporting week.
    • 0% of hospitals (0/32) with ?slightly elevated? or ?elevated? burdens of ILI-related hospitalizations are reporting that they are having increased difficulty (4 or 5) with managing this patient population.
    • Six confirmed influenza-related deaths were reported during Week 45 (total of 30 since June 1, 2009).
    • All six were confirmed 2009 H1N1 deaths (total of 28 since June 1, 2009).
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X