• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana flu deaths increase

Indiana flu deaths increase
    Updated: Monday, 14 Jan 2013, 3:38 PM EST
    Published : Monday, 14 Jan 2013, 3:03 PM EST

Indianapolis (WISH) - The Indiana State Department of Health reports that there are now 21 people who have died from the flu.

Of that number, two of those who died are under 18 years of age, one was between 50-64 and the 18 others were people 65 and over.

The Centers for Disease control says 47 states are now reporting widespread flu activity, which is up from 41 from the prior week.

Flu vaccines are recommended for everyone 6 months or older, and doctors say it is not too late to get vaccinated.

And while the vaccine may not fully protect everyone, if you get the shot and still end up with the flu, symptoms are usually milder.

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Flu-related deaths reach 21 in Indiana

INDIANAPOLIS ? The number of flu-related deaths in Indiana has now reached 21. Health officials say two of the deaths occurred in individuals younger than 18 years of age.

No official shortages of the influenza vaccine have been reported, state health officials say; however, it may be more difficult to find the vaccine due to the current high demand. A flu vaccine locator can be found at www.Flu.gov. Flu vaccine can typically be found at local health departments, pharmacies and with health care providers.

Comment

Working...
    X