• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana flu deaths increase to 56

Ind. flu deaths rise to 27
    Updated: Wednesday, 16 Jan 2013, 10:54 AM EST
    Published : Wednesday, 16 Jan 2013, 10:50 AM EST

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) ? Indiana health officials say the state's ongoing flu outbreak has claimed 27 lives, with 17 of those deaths reported during the past week.

Wednesday's flu update from the State Department of Health says 20 of the people who have died in Indiana had underlying medical conditions such as heart disease.

Two of the state's flu fatalities were under age 18.

The state health department says nine of the 27 people who have died in Indiana from flu-related causes had received flu vaccine shots.

The agency says it sent a newsletter to Indiana's long-term care facilities last week with suggestions on steps to decrease the spread of the flu and reminding them to offer staff and residents the flu vaccine.

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Ind. flu deaths rise to 40

Source: http://www.jconline.com/article/2013...nclick_check=1

Report: Flu death toll rises to 40 in Indiana
    Jan. 23, 2013 12:10 PM, |

The flu has claimed the lives of another 13 people in the state this week and five in Marion County alone, state health officials report, which brings the total death toll this season to 40.

Two of the Marion County deaths had been previously reported by the Marion County Public Health Department but because the state and county issue their reports on different days, the state first reported them today...

Comment

Re: Ind. flu deaths rise to 40

Indiana flu deaths increase to 43

INDIANAPOLIS - The number of flu-related deaths in Indiana is up to 43, the Indiana State Department of Health said Monday.

The three additional deaths were reported less than a week after flu-related deaths reported in Indiana increased to 40...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: Indiana flu deaths increase to 44

Source: http://fox59.com/2013/02/04/flu-rela...#axzz2JyUlIlAv

6 hours ago
        Health
        Flu-related deaths in state reach 44

Another person has died in connection with the flu outbreak, said officials with the Indiana State Department of Health Monday.

A total of 44 people Indiana have now died due to flu-related illnesses.

Health officials said a majority of the deceased individuals had underlying medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, asthma and renal disease. A large majority of the deaths were people older than 65 years old...

Comment

Re: Indiana flu deaths increase to 56

Source: http://fox59.com/2013/02/13/flu-rela...#axzz2KqHhSq5y

3 hours ago
          Health
          Flu-related deaths increase to 56

Four additional Hoosiers have died from flu-related complications, the Indiana State Health Department announced Wednesday.

Health officials said flu deaths increased to 56. A majority of the flu-related deaths involved people who had underlying medical problems such as heart disease, diabetes or asthma. The department said two counties now have five or more deaths...

Comment

Working...
          X