X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indonesia - Jones Ginting suffering from brain infection

Originally posted by St Michael
    Well, according to the article above, this is a rare complication, so arresting the cytokine storm still has primary importance:
    Did you read my references though. It might not be so rare..,

A patient may survive the initial cytokine storm only to be mentally impaired for life.

First a massive death rate then a major impairment of the survivors.

Comment

Originally posted by Auburn Boy
      Did you read my references though. It might not be so rare..,

A patient may survive the initial cytokine storm only to be mentally impaired for life.

First a massive death rate then a major impairment of the survivors.
      Yes, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound as though I was writing off the real neurological risks or their prevalence.

However, when I first read about Jones Ginting suffering from CNS complications, my own spirits sagged, as widespread CNS complications would make arresting the cytokine storm a mute point.

We agree, I think, that CNS complications are more common than previously thought, but that arresting the cytokine storm is still a worthy and primary goal.

Reducing viral load and enhancing phagocytosis of viruses while arresting cytokine storm/ARDS will go a long way towards preventing later CNS complications, no?

Comment

Please continue in your efforts to understand how to arrest the cytokine storm and ARDS.

It's a worthy endeavor.

Comment

Understanding the cascade is one more critical piece of the puzzle. Every aspect of the disease needs to be addressed. Your chosen task is a key piece. And unfortunately, every single one of us at one time or another, has flagged when an unknown factor suddenly cropped up. We are all standing on the sidelines cheering for you.
          Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
          Thank you,
          Shannon Bennett

Comment

H5N1 & multi-organ involvement

Summary and Dosage Links for theoretical H5N1 medications protocol

Comment

One part of the public message that needs further exposure is that this disease may present as respiratory, GI, or neurotropic. What is the human equivalent of swimming in circles?

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

Working...
              X