Vietnam has two ca first hemorrhagic fever with H1N1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnam has two ca first hemorrhagic fever with H1N1

Weeks, had two cases in the Infectious Disease Institute and tropical countries, has tested positive for H1N1 influenza, dengue fever has been.

Dr Dr Nguyen Van Kinh, Director of Institute of infectious diseases and Tropical Country said, this is the first two cases in Vietnam is recognized as the two patients with acute infection (H1N1 pandemic influenza and hemorrhagic fever - a clear manifestation of bleeding). After treatment the health of both the stable. The world also had at least seven cases of the two types of this disease.

"Patients infected with two types of service will be very vulnerable to severe complications, high mortality risk. So while people have expressed a fever should seek medical care immediately to detect the disease early," Dr Dear said.

Also according to him, since last October, the number of patients with dengue fever tends to decrease markedly. There are between 50 and 60 people hospitalized, down nearly half compared to the October. However, many cases appear serious complications.

So far, dengue has spread translated into 28 provinces and cities with more than 80,000 ca (up more than 20% over the previous year) and almost 100 cases of death.

Meanwhile, progress influenza H1N1 has spread to 61 provinces, with 39 deaths. HCMC is the local number most deaths: 7, followed by Dak Lak: 5 and Ben Tre: 4.

According to the experts, will make the coming winter flu virus H1N1 spreads much more powerful. Besides, many experts worry next time H5N1 could re-export. Vietnam has appeared outbreak of H5N1 avian influenza infection in Dien Bien.

Therefore, the Ministry of Health advised people of the five high-risk groups (pregnant woman, elderly, children, people with chronic illness, the flu or ...) when signs of disease should go to the grassroots medical treatment in time.

Re: Vietnam has two ca first hemorrhagic fever with H1N1

To me, this article does NOT indicate that H1N1 is causing hemorrhagic fever here - it is reporting two cases simultaneously infected with H1N1 and dengue hemorrhagic fever.

But maybe I am misreading it...

Comment

yes, it is reporting two cases of people who had both. I agree.

Comment

Bleeding in the lungs could be caused by either, couldn't it? I assume by the first statement in the article that tests for both H1N1 and dengue were positive; however, it's not clear in the translation that this is the case.
        "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Originally posted by JimO View Post
          Bleeding in the lungs could be caused by either, couldn't it? I assume by the first statement in the article that tests for both H1N1 and dengue were positive; however, it's not clear in the translation that this is the case.
          Bleeding in the lungs could be either, but this seems to be describing the hemorrhagic fever syndrome, where bleeding occurs out other holes other than the lungs. That isn't an H1N1 symptom, but is a DHF symptom.

Comment

Originally posted by alert View Post
            Bleeding in the lungs could be either, but this seems to be describing the hemorrhagic fever syndrome, where bleeding occurs out other holes other than the lungs. That isn't an H1N1 symptom, but is a DHF symptom.
            Thanks alert. I still have a lot to learn about most of these diseases.
            "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Source: http://www.thanhniennews.com/healthy...8&newsid=53498

Hanoi detects first combinations of dengue fever and swine flu

Vietnam has recorded its first cases of people testing positive for influenza A (H1N1) virus and having dengue fever symptoms at the same time, a Hanoi-based infectious diseases institute said on Wednesday.

The two patients, who were admitted to the National Institute of Tropical and Infectious Diseases last week, are now recovering under treatment for both diseases, Director General NguyenVan Kinh said at a meeting without giving more details.

Also at the meeting the Ministry of Health cited the World Health Organization (WHO) to note that Barbados in the Caribbean has recorded seven cases with both dengue fever and swine flu with one death.

According to the ministry, 38 people with swine flu have died nationwide since it was first detected here in May with the latest death recorded on Tuesday in Ho Chi Minh City.

Nguyen Tran Hien, head of the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, on Wednesday announced that 1.2 million doses of H1N1 vaccines sponsored by WHO will arrive in Vietnam this December.

?At the moment we are reviewing and considering which groups of people are to be inoculated,? Hien said, noting that priority will be given to areas like cities and towns and those with high population density and infection cases.

The country will put the vaccines in use once the supply comes as committed to WHO, he added.

?The vaccine is urgent and WHO has suggested omitting some clinical trials, but important ones like those needed to ensure its safety are still included,? Hien said.

He also quoted WHO as saying that the vaccine is safe and not new, as producers have just introduced H1N1-related factors to production which has been applied for flu vaccines over the past 60 years.

Vietnam is also speeding up all necessary procedures to import another 500,000 doses of one-shot vaccines, according to Hien.

However, the official noted that acquiring the vaccine isn?t aimed at limiting the spread of the epidemic, but to decrease the chances of infection among high risk groups like people with chronic diseases and pregnant women.

Source: Tuoi Tre, VNA

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloh View Post
                Vietnam has recorded its first cases of people testing positive for influenza A (H1N1) virus and having dengue fever symptoms at the same time, a Hanoi-based infectious diseases institute said on Wednesday.
                I'm still a bit confused. Do they actually do tests for dengue fever or do they rely on symptoms? If the latter, then what symptoms did these patients have that are indicators of dengue fever, but not H1N1?

I am a bit concerned that they could be mistaking dengue fever symptoms for serious complications of H1N1.

Comment

They test by taking the blood. They have a lot of Dengue and Dengue Hemorraghic Fever patients in Vietnam. They are very familiar with it.
                  Here's a link for you to read up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Commonground View Post
                    They test by taking the blood. They have a lot of Dengue and Dengue Hemorraghic Fever patients in Vietnam. They are very familiar with it.
                    Here's a link for you to read up on it.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001373.htm
                    Thanks. One of the reasons I like FT so much is that I learn new things all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X