X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maharashtra: Waterborne diseases 2010

DHULE
    Gastro At Langhane,PHC-Nimgul,Tal-Shindkheda,Dist-Dhule
    Cases: 27 Fatalities: 2 Outbreak: 03/06/2010 Report: 07/06/2010 Population: 1237
    Notes: 1)Multiple valve & pipeline lekages.2)Irregular use of TCL. Nil 1)Pipeline repair,2)Isolation ward open,3)House to house surveillance.4)Super chlorination.5)IEC 6)Contact treatment. Investigation Open
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Maharashtra: Waterborne diseases 2010

Cumulative totals for cholera, dysentery, diarrhoea, gastroenteritis, hepatitis, and typhoid for 2010 up to June 1st.

Daily_01(1).06.2010.pdf
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Report up to July 1st. Of note, 7 gastroenteritis fatalities in the past month.
      Attached Files

Comment

Protest after kid dies of diarrhoea
        Gopu Pimplapure, TNN, Jul 29, 2010, 06.13am IST

BHANDARA: A mob enraged by the death of a child due to diarrhoea in Lakhandur attacked the gram panchayat office and badly beat up the sarpanch, deputy sarpanch and members. The mob also broke furniture on Tuesday.

Lakhandur villagers have been suffering from epidemic of diarrhoea since last week. Umesh Rama Tondare (5) also suffered from severe diarrhoea and was admitted to Rural Hospital Lakhandur. He was later shifted to Khristanand Hospital in Bramhapuri where he breathed his last.

His body was brought to Lakhandur. His parents and villagers alleged that the child died due to negligence of gram panchayat. They then ransacked the GP office. A report said that the water was not fit for drinking since bleaching powder and chlorine had not been used in the storage tank.
        A mob enraged by the death of a child due to diarrhoea in Lakhandur attacked the gram panchayat office and badly beat up the sarpanch, deputy sarpanch

Comment

MAHARASHTRA
          BEED
          Gastro Ajanpur Tal Ambajogai
          Cases: 28 Fatalities: 1 Outbreak: 01/08/2010 Report: 10/08/2010 Population: 950
          Notes: Due to consumption of contaminated water of Borewell pump near Bus stop Awaited Health camp of PHC Apegaon Tal Ambajogai is deputed to the village & all gastro controal measures taken . Investigation Closed No

HINGOLI
          Acute Gastroenteritis Tq:Sengaon,PHC:Sakhara,Pusegaon,Pusegaon
          Cases: 2 Fatalities: 1 Outbreak: 02/08/2010 Report: 10/08/2010 Population: 6779
          Notes: Acute Gastroenteritis Nill All Preventive Curative & Health Promotive Measures taken Investigation Open

Comment

NANDURBAR
            diariya PHC Jangathi, Village Chimalkhedi.
            Csaes: 5 Fatalities: 2 Outbreak: 13/08/2010 Report: 22/08/2010 Population: 14450
            Notes: Dr. S.V. Nadre epidemiologist officer, Nandurbar infom THO Aakkalkuwa and fast action in outbreak area. No testing in lab. but not reported in idsp nandurbar RRT Team working on outbrek area. Investigation Open Nandurbar in - Epidemilogist and Data manager.

THANE
            Acute Gastro Enteritis Wada Block,Parali PHC,Mangrul Subcentre,Varsale Village,Navpada
            Cases: 18 Fatalities: 1 Outbreak: 11/08/2010 Report: 21/08/2010 Population: 156
            Notes: There are 18 patients and 1 death with the signs and symptoms of watery stool,mild to moderate dehydration and stomach pain with in 8 days.As per the IPDOPD register,the incidence begins on 05th August with 2 patients and the situation aggravated on 11th August 2010 with 10 patients . Age group ranges between 3 years to 60 years. 11are females and 8 are males.Among the total 11 are children in the age group 3 to 15 years.The deceased was 13 year old girl and she didnot visited any of the hospital for treatment. The source of drinking water is a deep well .Navpada is a tribal area and due to heavy rainfall the well water is contaminated and the padaswayam sevak is not chlorinating(TCL) the well as per the quantity of water in the well. Two stool stamples and one water sample are sent to DPHL laboratory for testing The patients are admitted and given treatment at PHC ,Parali,Wada. Village Surveillance,Water source purification and health education on water hygiene and handling was done .TheADHO and RRT team visited there and gave instructions to Padaswayam sevak on proper and regular well chlorination and Sub centre staff on proper village surveillance .Chemoprophylaxis treatment given to 131 people. Investigation Open Now under control

THANE
            Acute Gastro Enteritis Mokhada Block,Morhanda PHC,Poshera Subcentre,Poshera Village,Kathkaripada
            Cases: 8 Fatalities: 1 Outbreak: 12/08/2010 Report: 21/08/2010 Population: 664
            Notes: 9 patients with the signs and symptoms of loose motion,vomiting,mild to moderate dehydration and abdominal pain,of which one baby 1 years 7 months died.The parents took him to the private clinic and had treatment there . The age group ranges between 1years to 65 years,3 males and 6 females.The attack rate is 13.55.The source of drinking water is a deep well Poshera is a tribal area and the family is in the practice of using water from shallow pit (Khadda).Improper Chlorination of well(Not chlorinating as per the quantity of water) No stool stamples sent to DPHL laboratory for testing The ADHO and RRT Team visited the place. Village Surveillance,Water source purification and health education,house on water hygiene and handling ,house purification was done .Distributed Mediclore to all households.Chemoprophylaxis to all people in the pada.Instructions given to Padaswayam sevak to chlorinate as per the quantity of water in the well. Investigation Open Now under control

Comment

Working...
            X