X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGYPT - March 14, 2007+ - News on sus cases

Previous Egypt thread here:

...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes

Re: EGYPT - March 14, 2007+ - News on sus cases

Reports from several governorates:

3 sus cases in Al Gharbiyah (heard about these already);
    1 neg reported from Al Minya governorate -- but I don't think we've heard about her before;
    1 new sus case in Ash Sharqiyah plus 8 people who had contact with sick/dead birds checked out -- they don't have any symptoms, but they were tested just in case;
    1 new sus case in Al Buhayrah governorate;
    2 sus cases in Mansoura, Ad Daqahliyah/Dakalia (both of whom we've already heard about -- one is confirmed case Mohammed Ismail's father).

Machine-translated from Arabic:

New "foci" of the bird flu [in poultry] in Alexandria and the western [Al Gharbiyah]
    The detention of "further" and "charitable" ..For the suspicion of their injury

March 13, 2007

Written by Abu Dhich:

New foci of the bird flu appeared in some of the governorates where results revealed the analysis laboratories from the presence of a new positive focus is inside citizen Mohamed's farm the hunter in the village of "Al Dlgmwi" belonging to Kafr Al-Zayat and that after the death of big number of the birds reached 350 birds reached and immediately the execution of all remaining birds, cleansing the focus and taking samples took place from the contacts for the guarantee of the non moving the disease to them.

On the other side the hospital of El-Mahalla El-Kubra [Al Gharbiyah] fevers detained three new conditions for the suspicion of its injury by the disease and they: Samir Abul Maati "25 years" from Koutor center and Mariam Ahmed Gamal 32 years from the same center and Mohamed Hassan "37 years" from Nabarouh in Dakahlia and taking a sample took place from the blood and a touch from shaving its sending to the central laboratories in the Ministry of Health.

Alexandria is Adel Abdul Karim:

The veterinary medicine systems in Alexandria destroyed a number of the house birds injured by the bird flu after the discovery of injury in citizen Yasser Abdul Ghani's birds in Al Bitash's region by the non Arab.

Dr. Farid Gaafar the poultry administration manager confirmed that this focus is the number of 16 until now in Alexandria and that the citizen is not injured.

On the other side the veterinary medicine systems have fortified of poultry and birds in the region in their diameter circle 500 metres.

Minya [Al Minya governorate] is Nabil Youssef

Dr. Ayman declared Rajab the Ministry of Health deputy is that the sample that has been taken from the patient Afaf Samuel a passivity [negative] came and did not prove its [her] injury by the bird flu.

The eastern [Ash Sharqiyah governorate] is Abdul Ati Mohamed:

Declared the consultant greets Abd Al-Majid a governor the eastern that the detention of Ramadan scrutiny took place Mohamed "54 years" from Al Qtawea is Abu Hammad position in the hospital of Zagazig fevers for the suspicion of its injury by the bird flu virus.

Doctor Sayed Abul Kheir Mahmoud the Ministry of Health deputy stated that the examination of eight persons mixing with the condition took place by a medical team and the confirmation of their safety with the addition for taking a sample from the suspect of its injury and its sending to the central laboratories in the Ministry of Health and the execution of 30 birds in the house that stays in.

Al Bhira [Al Buhayrah] is Karem Qntoush:

The hospital of Alexandria fevers detained Khairiya a vocational is a wasteland "32 years" that stay in Al Agmi's street in Adco city for the suspicion of its injury by the bird flu virus .. Was the injured have been transferred of the hospital that affected her injury by a severe rise the heat and a severe congestion with the shaving and the nose.

The triumphant [Mansoura, Ad Daqahliyah/Dakalia] - Amaal Trabia:

The Veterinary Medicine Department carried out the triumphant [Mansoura] with the execution of 230 birds by different kinds and the removal of 9 it nested from the centers of Nabarouh and Talkha and the seizure of 800 chicken during its selling of the citizens without a statement in Aga city. Also Safaa Mortadi Al Gindi's reservation took place "40 years - house lord" from Abdou Maarouf's street in a second department constituency the triumphant in Al Sadr's hospital when the analyses proved the positivity of poultry that in its house to the bird flu disease and consequently become the number of the detainees in Mansoura Chest Hospital are two and they are Safaa Mortadi Al Gindi and Mahmoud Ibrahim Ghazi "50 years" and he is child Mohamed's father who now receives the treatment now in Cairo from the bird flu disease and they from Bahut Village Nabarouh district.

The doctors confirmed that the injured condition is stable and until now he did not prove that they are two injured by the disease and the analyses results will come tomorrow.

...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Since my last brief update on March 5, 26 (or 31? - some unnamed dupes?) new sus cases have been reported in the Egyptian press. Of these, 1 was reported to be neg.

So far in March, then, that's 47 (or 52?) new sus cases.

Also, another 4 year old from Ad Daqahliyah was confirmed as having bird flu -- Mohammad Mahmoud Ibrahim. Note that the other 4 year old from Ad Daqahliyah is named Sara Al Sayed Ibrahim [aka Barham]. Possible relation?

Mohammad Mahmoud Ibrahim's father is also hospitalized as a sus case.

Ad Daqayliyah seems to be some sort of bf 'hotspot' at the moment -- 2 recent confirmed cases (the 2 four year olds) and at least 17 sus cases from the governorate so far this month.

Comment

Thanks Theresa42.

Comment

We need to get some boots on the ground in there. Where's the Reuters lady when you need her?

Comment

Dear Theresa42,

You are totally awesome. I and others appreciate your very hard work.

No one likes language headaches---but you provide excellent and superb information like no one else has.

I personally avoid all Indonesian and Egyptian translations. I cannot handle them at all.

Rest some and take care,

JY

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Yuma
              Rest some and take care....
              Thanks for the thanks, JY! You're welcome. I actually am taking it easy these days 'cause, would you belive it, I have the FLU! Ugh. Feelin' miserable, but hanging in here.... More later!

Comment

YOU HAVE THE FLU?

Did you get a flu shot?

I got two this season, just to see what would happen.

No flu, but three colds!

Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

Theresa, you are taking your elderberry extract right? Hope you feel better ASAP. I can't do without my Theresa fix everday!!
                  Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
                  Thank you,
                  Shannon Bennett

Comment

Egyptian 10-year-old tests positive for bird flu

Egyptian 10-year-old tests positive for bird flu
                    Reuters
                    Wednesday, March 14, 2007; 3:55 PM

CAIRO (Reuters) - A ten-year-old Egyptian girl has tested positive for bird flu, becoming the 25th human case in the most populous Arab country, a World Health Organization official said on Wednesday.

"It occurred inside Aswan, in an urban area, and we don't have much details at this point in time," said Hassan al-Bushra, regional adviser for communicable disease surveillance for the World Health Organization.

Bushra added that the girl will be transferred to Cairo for treatment

Comment

Re: Egyptian 10-year-old tests positive for bird flu

Update 1-Egyptian 10-year-old tests positive for bird flu
                      Wed 14 Mar 2007 20:14:43 GMT

CAIRO, March 14 (Reuters) - A ten-year-old Egyptian girl has tested positive for bird flu, becoming the 25th human case in the country, a World Health Organisation official said on Wednesday.

"It occurred inside Aswan in an urban area, and we don't have much details at this point in time," said Hassan al-Bushra, regional adviser for communicable disease surveillance for the World Health Organisation (WHO).

State news agency MENA quoted a health ministry spokesman as saying the girl, Amira Abdel Latif Nayel, had been admitted to a hospital in Aswan, 450 km south of Cairo, on Tuesday suffering from fever and muscle pains.

Tests had confirmed Nayel had the H5N1 virus, and she had been treated with the antiviral drug Tamiflu and was stable, MENA quoted the spokesman as saying.

He added that her family were being kept under observation.

Bushra added that the girl will be transferred to Cairo for treatment.

On Sunday, WHO and the Egyptian health ministry said a 4-year-old boy had contracted the deadly bird flu virus, and had been receiving Tamiflu.

According to WHO the virus has killed 168 people since 2003 and at least 200 million birds have died or been culled.

Comment

Four year old, Mohammed Ibrahim, from Dakalia due to be discharged tomorrow....

Google-translated from Arabic:

Egypt announces discovery of the 25 human cases of avian influenza

Cairo-14 3 (KUNA) -- Was announced here today by the confirmation of human infection of the 25 cases of avian flu.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Health and Population in Egypt, Abdel-Rahman Shahin that infected a 10-year-old girl from Aswan south of Cairo entered the hospital Viral and suffering from high temperature with pain in the muscles.

He added that the results of the analysis of the central laboratories of the Ministry of Health confirmed infected been given appropriate treatment and real estate (Altammivlo).

Shahin stressed that the situation of the girl child is stable and is currently working epidemiological investigation of all family members.

He noted that the incidence of human cases of avian influenza had been No. 24 of the child Mohammed Mahmoud Ibrahim Dakahlia governorate, who received hospital treatment Manshiet Bakry has improved his condition and was recovering and is expected to leave tomorrow. It is noteworthy that Egypt announced the emergence of avian influenza in February 2006 and died 13 cases and recovered 10 human cases and hospital cases under treatment while the disease struck poultry industry and the cause of the Egyptian economic losses.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmcpherson View Post
                          YOU HAVE THE FLU?

Did you get a flu shot?
                          Yeah -- guess I got too close to the flu while I was tracking it.... You know, I was a really irresponsible flutracker this year and didn't get a flu shot...! I'm regretting it now.
                          Originally posted by Shannon
                          Hope you feel better ASAP.
                          Thanks! Feeling much better already today. Coulda sworn I had "break bone fever" yesterday though -- ouch!

Comment

On the link provided above, this is the article I pulled up. They're speaking of the 25th case, not 25 current cases. (That wasn't clear to me.)

Egypt registers 25th bird flu case

HLT-EGYPT-BIRD FLU
                            Egypt registers 25th bird flu case

CAIRO, March 14 (KUNA) -- Egypt registered the 25th confirmed human case of bird flue infection here Wednesday. A female child, 10 year, contracted the fatal H-5-N-1 strain of the disease in Aswan governorate, south Egypt, Spokesman of the Egyptian Ministry of Health and Population Abdul-Rahman Shahin said.

The child was admitted to a local fever hospital, and the test results were declared positive by the ministry's central labs, downtown Cairo.

After treatment with Tamiflu, the condition of the girl improved, he noted, pointing out that all family members of the girl were undergoing epidemiological tests as a preventive measure.

Mohammad Mahmoud Ibrahim, a male child from Al-Gharbiya governorate who was identified as the 24th case in Egypt, will be discharged from Manshiyat Al-Bakri Hospital Thursday after recovery, the spokesman added.

In February, 2006, Egypt reported the first human case of the disease infection.

Thirteen fatalities were registered so far and 10 other infection cases survived the disease that inflicted also heavy losses on Egypt's poultry industry. (end) bna.gb.

KUNA 150039 Mar 07NNNN

Comment

Originally posted by wdcare
                              On the link provided above, this is the article I pulled up. They're speaking of the 25th case, not 25 current cases. (That wasn't clear to me.)
                              Yes! That's correct -- this 10 year old girl is the 25th case in Egypt. There are not 25 current cases at the moment in Egypt. Sorry for the confusion!

Comment

Working...
                              X