Second Michigan Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Michigan Death

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

Second Michigan death linked to swine flu

A second Michigan resident's death has been linked to swine flu, the state Community Health Department announced this morning.
    A 58-year-old Roscommon County man died last Thursday. Though he had other underlying health issues, lab results confirmed the from H1N1 virus Wednesday.
    Last week, the state reported its first swine flu-related death, a 53-year-old Warren woman.
    Wotan (pronounced Voton with the ton rhyming with on) - The German Odin, ruler of the Aesir.

I am not a doctor, virologist, biologist, etc. I am a layman with a background in the physical sciences.

Attempting to blog an nascent pandemic: Diary of a Flu Year

Re: Second Michigan Death

Source: http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/i...ials_h1n1.html

Michigan health officials: H1N1 claims life of Roscommon County man
    by Jeff Kart | The Bay City Times
    Thursday June 11, 2009, 4:24 PM

The H1N1 virus has claimed the life of a Roscommon County man, state health officials said today.

A Michigan Department of Community Health spokesman said it was the state's second death related to the virus, formerly referred to as swine flu.

The man, 58, died June 4. Lab results of an H1N1 infection were confirmed late Wednesday, health officials said in a statement.

The man, who was not named or further identified, also had other underlying health conditions, according to the spokesman.

Another death from H1N1 was reported earlier in Macomb County.

Comment

Working...
    X