Check out the FAQ,Terms of Service & Disclaimers by clicking the
link. Please register
to be able to post. By viewing this site you are agreeing to our Terms of Service and Acknowledge our Disclaimers.
FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster.
The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website.
By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.
Douglas County health officials scheduled a news conference for 3:30 Thursday afternoon. In a short release to the media they indicated the news conference will discuss the first death in the county from the H1N1 flu, also widely known as swine flu.
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Breaking News: H1N1 Death Reported In Douglas County
POSTED: 3:43 pm CDT August 27, 2009
UPDATED: 4:08 pm CDT August 27, 2009
OMAHA, Neb. -- Health officials said the H1N1 virus has claimed the life of another Nebraskan. This time it?s in Douglas County.
At a news conference Thursday afternoon, Douglas County Health Department director Dr. Adi Pour said a woman in her 20s died Wednesday night in an area hospital. She had been ill for less than a week. Pour said the woman had underlying health problems, believed to be a neuro-muscular disorder. The woman was confined to her home so Pour said it?s unlikely she spread the disease.
Last week, an Adams County woman in her 50?s died from complications with the virus.
The first death in the state was reported another woman in her 50?s in Custer County last month.
Health officials said both women had chronic health problems.
Comment