Norway - H1N1 "Mutation" Announced by Health Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norway - H1N1 "Mutation" Announced by Health Department

New variant of virus found in Norway- public health, press conference now. No reason for panic.

Swine Influenza virus has mutated
    A new variant of swine flu has been detected in Norway. It is serious, but health authorities assure that there is no reason to panic. AVANNE Hafstad MONA W. CLAUSSEN
    Read also:
    ■ Swine Influenza in decline in southern Norway
    ■ Number of sick children sharply down in Oslo
    ■ Tests influenza vaccine in Norwegian babies
    ■ Can be over in one day
    The case is updated.

Of Public Health has detected a change in the virus, called a mutation.

Going on the lungs
    Laboratory tests from 70 patients are examined, of which eight patients have died. Total is the mutation found in five of the patients. Two of them are dead, while the other three have been hospitalized with serious illness in intensive care units.

The new mutated virus thrives further down the respiratory system than the original. It shuts down the lungs of patients, which means more severe disease than the original virus, which first affects the throat and upper respiratory tract.

- Vaccine and Tamiflu work still
    Since the new virus in the lungs and is only detected in patients who have been admitted to hospital, experts expect that it is less contagious than has affected most who are infected so far.

Geir Stene-Larsen, the NIPH. Photo: Scanpix
    - Both the vaccine and Tamiflu as a treatment will work also for this variant of the virus, "says director Geir Stene-Larsen at the NIPH.

The mutated virus is now found in Norway, is also found in other countries.

- We have found the mutant virus at two of the first patients who died in this country. This means that this virus has been circulating in Norway since the pandemic started. Therefore, we expect no major change in the situation forward, "said health director Bjørn-Inge Larsen.

Svineinfluensa-viruset har mutert
    En ny variant av svineinfluensaen er oppdaget i Norge. Det er alvorlig, men helsemyndighetene forsikrer at det ikke er noen grunn til panikk.

Folkehelseinstituttet har oppdaget en endring på viruset, en såkalt mutasjon.

Går på lungene
    Laboratorieprøver fra 70 pasienter er undersøkt, hvorav åtte pasienter er døde. Totalt er det funnet mutasjon hos fem av pasientene. To av dem er døde, mens de andre tre har vært innlagt med alvorlig sykdom i intensivavdelinger.

Det nye muterte viruset trives best lenger ned i luftveiene enn det opprinnelige. Det slår seg ned i lungene til pasientene, noe som betyr mer alvorlig sykdom enn ved det opprinnelige viruset, som først rammer i halsen og de øvre luftveiene.

- Vaksine og Tamiflu virker fortsatt
    Siden det nye viruset er i lungene og bare er oppdaget hos pasienter som har vært innlagt på sykehus, regner ekspertene med at det er mindre smittsomt enn det som har rammet de aller fleste som er smittet hittil.

Direktør Geir Stene-Larsen, Folkehelseinstituttet. FOTO: SCANPIX
    - Både vaksinen og Tamiflu som behandling vil virke også på denne varianten av viruset, sier direktør Geir Stene-Larsen ved Folkehelseinstituttet.

Det muterte viruset som nå er oppdaget i Norge, er også funnet i andre land.

- Vi har funnet det muterte viruset hos to av de første pasientene som døde her i landet. Det betyr at dette viruset har vært i omløp i Norge helt siden pandemien startet. Derfor venter vi ingen stor endring i situasjonen fremover, sier helsedirektør Bjørn-Inge Larsen.

- Kan viruset endre seg enda mer slik at vaksinen og eventuelt Tamiflu ikke lenger virker?

- Vi tror ikke vi står overfor en mer alvorlig og dramatisk pandemi nå. Dagens situasjon gir ingen grunn til panikk, sier Larsen.

Re: Change in virus in Norway- no reason for panic

A new variant of swine flu has been detected in Norway. It is serious, but health authorities assure that there is no reason to panic.

Of Public Health has detected a change in the virus, called a mutation.

Going on the lungs
    Laboratory tests from 70 patients are examined, of which eight patients have died. Total is the mutation found in five of the patients.
    Two of them are dead, while the other three have been hospitalized with serious illness in intensive care units.

The new mutated virus thrives further down the respiratory system than the original. It shuts down the lungs of patients, which means more severe disease than the original virus, which first affects the throat and upper respiratory tract.

Since the new virus in the lungs and is only detected in patients who have been admitted to hospital, experts expect that it is less contagious than has affected most who are infected so far.

- Both the vaccine and Tamiflu as a treatment will work also for this variant of the virus, "says director Geir Stene-Larsen at the NIPH.

- We have found the mutant virus at two of the first patients who died in this country. This means that this virus has been circulating in Norway since the pandemic started. Therefore, we expect no major change in the situation forward, "said health director Bj?rn-Inge Larsen.

- Can the virus change even more so that the vaccine and Tamiflu may no longer work?

- We do not believe we are facing a more serious and dramatic pandemic now. The current situation gives no cause for panic, "said Larsen
    CSI:WORLD http://swineflumagazine.blogspot.com/

treyfish2004@yahoo.com

Comment

current date for Post #1: Oppdatert: 20.11.09 kl. 14:53 Publisert: 20.11.09 kl. 14:13

Comment

Quote from public health official information page:Google translated:
        Discoveries made by examination of virus
        Of Public Health has as part of monitoring of the pandemic influenza virus analyzed viruses from many patients. Viruses have great similarities with each other, but some mutations have been found in some of them. One of the mutations has captured much interest. It is found in two patients died of the new flu, and in one patient with severe influenza illness. These dead were two of the first patients who died in Norway. Some of the dead was later examined without finding the same mutated virus. Mutation might affect the virus' ability to attach itself deeper into the respiratory tract and thus cause more severe disease.

- Based on what we know so far, it appears that the mutated virus is not circulating in the population, but that it can be to talk about the spontaneous changes that have occurred in three patients, "said director of Public Health Geir Stene Larsen.

In addition, it analyzed about 70 other viruses from Norwegian patients with proven influenza A (H1N1). There are no indications that this change in the virus does something to the effect of the vaccine or the effect of antiviralia / Tamiflu.

Treatment
        - The discovery of this mutation underscores the importance of the current advice is to vaccinate them and use antiviralia as Tamiflu. To have effect, treatment should be started within 48 hours of first symptoms. These drugs can now be obtained directly at pharmacies without a doctor's prescription by filling out a self-certificate form, "says Bj?rn-Inge Larsen.

Findings of surveys of the dead
        In Norway we had a total of 23 deaths so far, including 18 in hospital (per 20.11). This is relatively more than what we currently have seen in many other European countries. This is most likely that Norway soon got a powerful wave of spread of infection before vaccination was fully under way.

- While it is important to examine whether there is still something of the Norwegian death that separates us from other countries, and that means that we can learn something that strengthens our treatment of those who are seriously ill. We also have international obligations to part of the possibly new knowledge, "says Larsen.

We have now received a preliminary review of those died at intensive care units in Norway. This includes 15 patients, 14 of which belonged to a risk group. The review shows that the four have been given Tamiflu, while many more have been given antibiotics. No one was vaccinated. We noted early in the consumption of Tamiflu, which meant that the health authorities did Tamiflu more available through pharmacies.

New recommendations on sick leave at the flu
        Until now, we have recommended that persons with influenza should stay at home for 7 days after they become ill. We have made a new assessment of this now as much of the risk groups are vaccinated. Our new recommendation is therefore that:

People with influenza can resume work / school / kindergarten in approximately 24 hours after they are symptom-free
        For health professionals are still the recommendation to stay at home for 7 days after becoming sick
        [Published: 20/11/2009]

Folkehelseinstituttet har nasjonale oppgaver innen blant annet smittevern, psykisk og fysisk helse, miljømedisin, epidemiologi og rusmidler.

Foresl? en bedre oversettelse
        Takk for at du bidrar med oversettelsesforslaget ditt til Google Oversetter.
        Bidra med en bedre oversettelse:
        Discoveries made by examination of virus <br>Of Public Health has as part of monitoring of the pandemic influenza virus analyzed viruses from many patients. Viruses have great similarities with each other, but some mutations have been found in some of them. One of the mutations has captured much interest. It is found in two patients died of the new flu, and in one patient with severe influenza illness. These dead were two of the first patients who died in Norway. Some of the dead was later examined without finding the same mutated virus. Mutation might affect the virus&#39; ability to attach itself deeper into the respiratory tract and thus cause more severe disease. <br> <br>- Based on what we know so far, it appears that the mutated virus is not circulating in the population, but that it can be to talk about the spontaneous changes that have occurred in three patients, &quot;said director of Public Health Geir Stene Larsen. <br> <br>In addition, it analyzed about 70 other viruses from Norwegian patients with proven influenza A (H1N1). There are no indications that this change in the virus does something to the effect of the vaccine or the effect of antiviralia / Tamiflu. <br> <br> <br>Treatment <br>- The discovery of this mutation underscores the importance of the current advice is to vaccinate them and use antiviralia as Tamiflu. To have effect, treatment should be started within 48 hours of first symptoms. These drugs can now be obtained directly at pharmacies without a doctor&#39;s prescription by filling out a self-certificate form, &quot;says Bj?rn-Inge Larsen. <br> <br> <br>Findings of surveys of the dead <br>In Norway we had a total of 23 deaths so far, including 18 in hospital (per 20.11). This is relatively more than what we currently have seen in many other European countries. This is most likely that Norway soon got a powerful wave of spread of infection before vaccination was fully under way. <br> <br>- While it is important to examine whether there is still something of the Norwegian death that separates us from other countries, and that means that we can learn something that strengthens our treatment of those who are seriously ill. We also have international obligations to part of the possibly new knowledge, &quot;says Larsen. <br> <br>We have now received a preliminary review of those died at intensive care units in Norway. This includes 15 patients, 14 of which belonged to a risk group. The review shows that the four have been given Tamiflu, while many more have been given antibiotics. No one was vaccinated. We noted early in the consumption of Tamiflu, which meant that the health authorities did Tamiflu more available through pharmacies. <br> <br> <br>New recommendations on sick leave at the flu <br>Until now, we have recommended that persons with influenza should stay at home for 7 days after they become ill. We have made a new assessment of this now as much of the risk groups are vaccinated. Our new recommendation is therefore that: <br> <br>People with influenza can resume work / school / kindergarten in approximately 24 hours after they are symptom-free <br>For health professionals are still the recommendation to stay at home for 7 days after becoming sick <br>[Published: 20/11/2009]

Funn gjort ved unders?kelser av virus
        Folkehelseinstituttet har som ledd i overv?kingen av det pandemiske influensaviruset analysert virus fra mange pasienter. Virusene har store likheter med hverandre, men enkelte mutasjoner er p?vist hos noen av dem. En av mutasjonene har fanget s?rlig interesse. Den er funnet hos to pasienter som er d?de av den nye influensaen, samt hos en pasient med alvorlig influensasykdom. Disse d?de var to av de f?rste pasientene som d?de i Norge. En del av de som er d?de senere er unders?kt uten at det er funnet samme muterte virus. Mutasjonen kan tenkes ? p?virke virusets evne til ? feste seg dypere ned i luftveien og dermed f?re til alvorligere sykdom.

? Basert p? det vi vet s? langt ser det ut til at det muterte viruset ikke sirkulerer i befolkningen, men at det kan v?re snakk om spontane forandringer som har oppst?tt i de tre pasientene, sier direkt?r i Folkehelseinstituttet Geir Stene Larsen.

I tillegg er det analysert ca 70 andre virus fra norske pasienter med p?vist influensa A(H1N1). Det er ingen indikasjoner p? at denne endringen i viruset betyr noe for effekten av vaksinen eller effekt av antiviralia/Tamiflu.

Behandling
        ? Funnet av denne mutasjonen understreker viktigheten av gjeldende r?d som er ? vaksinere seg og bruke antiviralia som Tamiflu. For ? ha effekt b?r behandlingen startes innen 48 timer etter f?rste symptomer. Disse legemidlene kan n? f?s direkte p? apotek uten resept fra lege ved ? fylle ut et egenmeldingsskjema, sier Bj?rn-Inge Larsen.

Funn ved unders?kelser av de d?de
        I Norge har vi totalt hatt 23 d?dsfall til n? hvorav 18 i sykehus (per 20.11). Dette er relativt sett flere enn det vi forel?pig har sett i mange andre europeiske land. Dette skyldes mest sannsynlig at Norge tidlig fikk en kraftig b?lge av smittespredning f?r vaksinering var skikkelig i gang.

? Samtidig er det viktig ? unders?ke om det likevel er noe ved de norske d?dsfallene som skiller oss fra andre land, og som gj?r at vi kan l?re noe som styrker v?r behandling av de som blir alvorlig syke. Vi har ogs? forpliktelser internasjonalt for ? dele av evt ny kunnskap, sier Larsen.

Vi har n? f?tt en forel?pig gjennomgang av de som er d?de ved intensivavdelinger i Norge. Dette gjelder 15 pasienter hvorav 14 tilh?rte en risikogruppe. Gjennomgangen viser at fire har f?tt Tamiflu, mens langt flere har f?tt antibiotika. Ingen var vaksinert. Vi registrerte tidlig et underforbruk av Tamiflu, som gjorde at helsemyndighetene gjorde Tamiflu mer tilgjengelig gjennom apotek.

Nye anbefalinger om sykefrav?r ved influensa
        Til n? har vi anbefalt at personer med influensa skal holde seg hjemme i 7 dager etter at de blir syke. Vi har n? gjort en ny vurdering av dette n? som store deler av risikogruppene er vaksinert. V?r nye anbefaling er derfor at:

Personer med influensa kan gjenoppta arbeid/skole/barnehage tidligst 24 timer etter at de er symptomfrie
        For helsepersonell gjelder fremdeles anbefalingen om ? holde seg hjemme i 7 dager etter at de ble syke
        [Publisert: 20.11.2009]

Comment

Tamiflu is sold in pharmacies. Photo: Scanpix

Of Public Health have discovered a new variant of H1N1 among infected in Norway.

Article by: NTB (Hugin Online - 20.11.09 15:03)

Two of the persons who have died of swine flu had mutated variant, which can be more severe than the original virus.

Health authorities do not believe that the mutated variant of the virus has spread to other parts of the population and assure that there is no reason to panic.

- The mutated virus causes mild disease in most, but can be severe in a few. This variant of the virus can go further down in the lungs than the original variant, "says director Geir Stene-Larsen of Public Health at a press conference.

Laboratory tests from 70 patients are examined, of which eight patients have died. Total is the mutation found in three of the patients. Two of them are dead.

The mutated virus has been detected in Norway, is also found in other countries, writes Aftenposten's online edition.

- We assume that both the vaccine and Tamiflu as a treatment will work also for this variant of the virus, "said Stene-Larsen. http://www.hegnar.no/okonomi/politikk/article400573.ece

treyfish2004@yahoo.com

Comment

The virus has mutated
            A new variant of swine influenza virus makes people sicker.
            By Linda Mountain
            Friday 20.11.09 at 14:35 DinSide
            Today, Friday at 14.00, kept the health authorities a press briefing on the evolution of swine flu in Norway.
            Where it came out that a new variant of swine flu has been detected in Norway. Of Public Health has detected a change in the virus, called a mutation, writes Aftenposten.no.

More severe disease
            The difference between the old and the new, mutated virus is that the new variant attacks the lungs. This makes the disease more severe.

The original virus hit the neck and the upper respiratory tract.

Less contagious
            Until now, it is discovered five cases in which people are affected by the new virus variant. Two of these people are dead.

Experts believe, however, that the mutated virus does not spread as fast as the original, and one can prevent and provide the same treatment as before.

Tamiflu can now be purchased without a prescription

- Both the vaccine and Tamiflu as a treatment will work also for this variant of the virus, "says director Geir Stene-Larsen at the NIPH, according Aftenposten.nohttp://www.dinside.no/829074/viruset-har-mutert

treyfish2004@yahoo.com

Comment

Laboratory tests from 70 patients are examined, of which eight patients have died. Total is the mutation found in five of the patients.
              Laboratory tests? Can they determine a change in the virus? Won't sequences determine that?

The difference between the old and the new, mutated virus is that the new variant attacks the lungs. This makes the disease more severe.
              This virus is know to attack the lower lungs.....

Comment

Published 20.11.09 14:36 Updated 20.11.09 14:57

Of Public Health has detected a change in the virus, called a mutation, writes Aftenposten.no.

Going on the lungs
                Laboratory tests from 70 patients are examined, of which eight patients have died. Total is the mutation found in five of the patients. Two of them are dead, while the other three have been hospitalized with serious illness in intensive care units.

Health authorities investigating 15 patients died, among other things, to get answers to why Norway has had a relatively large number of dead. It has not found anything that contradicts the previous assumption, which is that the high number is because the infection came early to Norway.

Expect less severely ill
                Only 2 of the 23 deaths associated with swine flu, the people who were entirely healthy before. All the others had an underlying disease that increased the risk of severe disease by influenza, according to the NIPH in this pandemi.no.

- When people in risk groups are vaccinated finished, we estimate that less is seriously ill of swine influenza, "said health director Bj?rn-Inge Larsen. He said earlier forecasts of how many people are seriously ill, you revised downwards.

Now comes the vaccine to eggallergikere
                Next week is 1000 doses of vaccine that can be taken by eggallergikere, from Austria, said Health Minister Anne-Grethe Str?m-Erichsen at the press conference today.

The regular vaccine is also more and more of, so health officials now believe that all who wish to be vaccinated well before July http://www.fvn.no/nyheter/innenriks/article720473.ece

treyfish2004@yahoo.com

Comment

> discovery of this mutation

secret mutation ?
                  copyrighted mutation ?

let me guess, it's only revealed to people who sign a
                  secrecy-agreement and promise not to panic
                  I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
                  my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Comment

H1N1 virus has mutated
                    The first two who died of swine flu had mutated H1N1 virus, said health authorities.

At a press conference Friday afternoon, informed the Norwegian health authorities that they expect that 700,000 Norwegians so far been infected with swine flu.

During the press conference was informed that the H1N1 virus has mutated in five of 70 cases, including among the two first died of swine flu.

- We have found the mutant virus at two of the first patients who died in this country. This virus has been circulating in Norway since the pandemic started, "says director Geir Stene-Larsen at the NIPH. Discussed with WHO
                    This finding expects the authorities as so serious that they investigate the new findings further. But both Tamiflu and vaccines to work on this virus variant, assures Stene-Larsen

- The discovery of this mutation underscores the importance of the current advice is to vaccinate them and use antiviralia as Tamiflu. To have effect, treatment should be started within 48 hours of first symptoms. These drugs can now be obtained directly at pharmacies without a doctor's prescription by filling out a self-certificate form, "said health director Bj?rn-Inge Larsen.

The "new, mutated virus infects deeper into the respiratory system and can be more dangerous than previously thought.

The findings are made after examination of 70 laboratory tests, these were found five mutations. Two of them were infected by this virus, is dead - the other three have been hospitalized.

- Mutant viruses do not circulate
                    - Based on what we know so far, it appears that the mutated virus is not circulating in the population, but that it can be to talk about the spontaneous changes that have occurred in three patients, "said director of Public Health Geir Stene-Larsen.

The mutation is discussed with the World Health Organization (WHO) Friday, and WHO reports that the mutation is also found in other countries.

Japan, Brazil, USA and China are in addition to Norway the other countries which have signed this mutation.

Health authorities stressed that the mutations do not have to mean more cases of serious illness or death.

Nevertheless, examining the health authorities now 15 dead patients, to see if they can find answers to why Norway has had so many died.

Thursday there were reports of 23 deaths that may be linked to the swine flu. Of these, seven were younger than 20 years.

- While it is important to examine whether there is still something of the Norwegian death that separates us from other countries, and that means that we can learn something that strengthens our treatment of those who are seriously ill. We also have international obligations to part of any new knowledge, "said health director Bj?rn-Inge Larsen.

--------------------
                    H1N1-viruset har mutert
                    De to f?rste som d?de av svineinfluensa, hadde muterte H1N1-virus, opplyser helsemyndighetene.

P? en pressekonferanse fredag ettermiddag informerte norske helsemyndigheter at de regner med at 700.000 nordmenn s?langt er smittet av svineinfluensa.

Under pressekonferansen ble det opplyst at H1N1-viruset har mutert i fem av 70 tilfeller, blant annet hos de to f?rste som d?de av svineinfluensa.

? Vi har funnet det muterte viruset hos to av de f?rste pasientene som d?de her i landet. Dette viruset har v?rt i oml?p i Norge helt siden pandemien startet, sier direkt?r Geir Stene-Larsen ved Folkehelseinstituttet.

Diskutert med WHO
                    Dette funnet regner myndighetene som s?pass alvorlig at de gransker de nye funnene videre. Men b?de Tamiflu og vaksine skal virke p? denne virusvarianten, forsikrer Stene-Larsen.

? Funnet av denne mutasjonen understreker viktigheten av gjeldende r?d som er ? vaksinere seg og bruke antiviralia som Tamiflu. For ? ha effekt b?r behandlingen startes innen 48 timer etter f?rste symptomer. Disse legemidlene kan n? f?s direkte p? apotek uten resept fra lege ved ? fylle ut et egenmeldingsskjema, sier helsedirekt?r Bj?rn-Inge Larsen.

Det ?nye?, muterte viruset smitter dypere ned i luftveiene og kan v?re farligere enn tidligere antatt.

Funnene er gjort etter unders?kelser av 70 laboratoriepr?ver, av disse ble det funnet fem mutasjoner.

To av dem som ble smittet av dette viruset, er d?de - de tre andre har v?rt innlagt p? sykehus.

? Mutert virus sirkulerer ikke
                    ? Basert p? det vi vet s? langt ser det ut til at det muterte viruset ikke sirkulerer i befolkningen, men at det kan v?re snakk om spontane forandringer som har oppst?tt i de tre pasientene, sier direkt?r i Folkehelseinstituttet Geir Stene-Larsen.

Mutasjonen er diskutert med Verdens helseorganisasjon (WHO) fredag, og WHO opplyser at mutasjonen ogs? er p?vist i andre land.

Japan, Brasil, USA og Kina er i tillegg til Norge de andre landene som har registrert denne mutasjonen.

Helsemyndighetene understreker at mutasjonene ikke trenger ? bety flere tilfeller av alvorlig sykdom eller d?d.

Likevel unders?ker helsemyndighetene n? 15 d?de pasienter, for ? se om de finner svar p? hvorfor Norge har hatt s?pass mange d?de.

Torsdag var det meldt om 23 d?dsfall som kan knyttes til svineinfluensaen. Av disse var sju yngre enn 20 ?r.

LES OGS?: Oslo-mann d?d av svineinfluensa

? Samtidig er det viktig ? unders?ke om det likevel er noe ved de norske d?dsfallene som skiller oss fra andre land, og som gj?r at vi kan l?re noe som styrker v?r behandling av de som blir alvorlig syke. Vi har ogs? forpliktelser internasjonalt for ? dele av eventuelt ny kunnskap, sier helsedirekt?r Bj?rn-Inge Larsen.

Comment

Originally posted by gsgs View Post
                      > discovery of this mutation

secret mutation ?
                      copyrighted mutation ?

let me guess, it's only revealed to people who sign a
                      secrecy-agreement and promise not to panic
                      It looks like there are sequences from May, June, July in GISAID.

Can someone check Genbank for something more recent?

Comment

Studies: Novel H1N1 affects deep lung tissue, transmits fairly well
                        CDC/MIT: Deeper infections with novel H1N1
                        Jul 2, 2009
                        ...Investigators, however, detected high titers of viruses in the lower respiratory tracts of animals infected with two of the three novel H1N1 viruses but not the seasonal flu virus....

CDC: Swine flu causing deadly lung infections like avian virus; vaccine OK'd

09/15/2009
                        Tests on about 100 Americans who died from swine flu virus found that they had infections deep in their lungs, which caused acute respiratory distress syndrome. Often fatal, it fills the air sacs with fluid, starves the blood of oxygen and leaves patients gasping for breath. Basically, patients suffocate or drown.

Unlike seasonal flu, the H1N1 virus frequently causes severe problems in younger adults and children.

"This is almost exactly what we see with avian flu. This looks like avian flu on steroids," Sherif Zaki of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention told flu experts meeting in Washington.

Comment

These isolates in Genbank have D225G (includes Brazil/Japan/China/USA)

gb|GU189649.1| Influenza A virus (A/Zhejiang/DTID-ZJU03/2009(... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GU112090.1| Influenza A virus (A/Zhejiang/DTID-ZJU02/2009(... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GU108486.1| Influenza A virus (A/Zhejiang-Yiwu/11/2009(H1N... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|CY047074.1| Influenza A virus (A/Catalonia/NS1706/2009(H1N... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GU014750.1| Influenza A virus (A/Hiroshima/201/2009(H1N1))... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GQ915018.1| Influenza A virus (A/Sao Paulo/53225/2009(H1N1... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GQ915017.1| Influenza A virus (A/Sao Paulo/53206/2009(H1N1... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GQ457487.1| Influenza A virus (A/Texas/05/2009(H1N1)) segm... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GQ379822.1| Influenza A virus (A/Mexico/InDRE4114/2009(H1N... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GQ374893.1| Influenza A virus (A/reassortant/IDCDC-RG18(Te... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GQ280121.1| Influenza A virus (A/reassortant/NIBRG-121(Cal... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GQ232076.1| Influenza A virus (A/Texas/11/2009(H1N1)) segm... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GQ200237.1| Influenza A virus (A/Georgia/01/2009(H1N1)) se... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GQ162194.1| Influenza A virus (A/Mexico/3955/2009(H1N1)) s... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GQ160568.1| Influenza A virus (A/New York/04/2009(H1N1)) s... 34.2 3.0
                          gb|GQ132145.1| Influenza A virus (A/Mexico/InDRE4114/2009(H1N... 34.2 3.0

------

Florida1,

Norway released three isolates into Genbank on September 22nd from May/June.

Comment

and it didn't happen in the well examined, earlier
                            fatal cases from Mexico,USA,Australia,UK ?

So we hear about it first from Norway, 7 months after the pandemic had started

----edit------
                            I forgot to include WHO,Japan,China,
                            I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
                            my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Comment

The virus is always changing. What is their definition of "mutation". There were already 7 clades in April:

Comment

Working...
                              X