Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India - National status update. Week Ending July 31, 2011 Total 2772 - 28 fatalities added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: India - National status update. Total fatalities 1554 (14 new Jun 8-14)

Consolidated Status (Weekly) of Influenza A H1N1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16:54 IST

(From 15th June to 20th June 2010)

....... Table at

Note:

1. Till date, samples from 141882 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 32458 (22.8%) of them have been found positive.

2. All 233 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.

3. Thirteen deaths (Maharashtra-3, Kerala- 9 and Andhra Pradesh - 1) have been reported during the week.

For more information including trend analysis kindly visit the website at:

DS/GK
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Total fatalities 1567 (13 new Jun 15-20)

Monday, June 28, 2010
      Consoldiated Status (Weekly) of Influenza A H1N1

total deaths 1584

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Total fatalities 1584 ( Jun 20-27))

Main points for week Jun 21-27
        Note:

1. Till date, samples from 143285 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 33083 (23.0%) of them have been found positive.

2. All 345 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.

3.* Cumulative cases for Gujarat have been reconciled with the report of state health authority of the Gujarat.

4. Seventeen deaths (Maharashtra-7, Kerala- 7, Andhra Pradesh ? 2 and Uttar Pradesh-1) have been reported during the week.

DS/GK
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Total fatalities 1584 ( Jun 20-27))

July,5

Consolidated Status(Weekly) of Influenza A H1N1

1601 total deaths

1. Till date, samples from 144633 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 33453 (23.1%) of them have been found positive.

2. All 370 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.

3. Sixteen deaths (Kerala- 10, Maharashtra-4 and Andhra Pradesh ? 2) have been reported during the week.

4. One earlier death has been reported by the Health authority of Gujarat State, which is reflected in the cumulative total.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Total fatalities 1601 ( Jun 27-Jul 03))

Consolidated Status(Weekly) of Influenza A H1N1
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14:53 IST
            (From 5th July to 11th July 2010)

Note:

1. Till date, samples from 145820 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 33783 (23.1%) of them have been found positive.

2. All 330 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.

3. Seventeen deaths (Kerala- 8, Maharashtra-8 and Andhra Pradesh ? 1) have been reported during the week.

4. * Six earlier deaths have been reported by the Health authority of Karnataka State, which is reflected in the cumulative total.

DS/GK

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. 23 new July 6-11; total 1624

Monday, July 19, 2010

Consolidated Status(Weekly) of Influenza a HINI

1646 total deaths

1. Till date, samples from 147250 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 34115 (23.1%) of them have been found positive.

2. Out of the 332 cases reported during the week, only 1 case is imported and rest are indigenous cases.

3. Twenty one deaths (Maharashtra-11, Kerala- 8, Gujarat-1 and Delhi ? 1) have been reported during the week.

4.* One earlier death has been reported by the Health authority of Maharashtra State, which is reflected in the cumulative total.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. 22 new July 13-18; total 1646

Weekly Data of Influenza A H1N1 (For The Week Ending 25th July 2010) and Cumulative Number of Lab
                Confirmed Cases and Deaths ? Statewise

total deaths 1692

1. Till date, samples from 149077 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 34669 (23.2%) of them have been found positive.

2. All the 548 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.

3. Thirty eight deaths (Maharashtra-19, Kerala- 8, Andhra Pradesh-5, Gujarat-2, Delhi-2, West Bengal-1 and Karnataka ? 1) have been reported during the week.

4.* Eight earlier deaths have been reported by the Health authority of Karnataka State, which is reflected in the cumulative total.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending 25th July 2010; total 1692

The central count is lagging behind the State count for Maharashtra. On July 25, the last day of this reporting period, the State reported a total of 531 fatalities of which 116 since April 1 2010. The consolidated status is only registering 526.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending 25th July 2010; total 1692

No weekly update report was released for the Week ending August 1. Instead, a new format report covering the period May 1 to August 1 2010 was released.

By comparing the April 30th report with the July 25th report and then to the new Cumulative report, I was able to come up with the following figures for the week ending August 1st.

State-------Confirmed cases/fatalities
                    Delhi---------------------88/2
                    Andhra Pradesh-----------56/0
                    Karnataka----------------(-234/-4)
                    Tamil Nadu---------------40/0
                    Maharashtra-------------273/30
                    Kerala-------------------50/10
                    Punjab-------------------1/0
                    Haryana------------------3/0
                    Goa----------------------3/0
                    West Bengal--------------86/3
                    Gujarat-------------------(-274/6)
                    Rajasthan-----------------(-1169/0)

Uttar Pradesh-------------1/0
                    Madhya Pradesh-----------1/0
                    Orissa---------------------5/0

Anomalies are outlined in Red.

1. Karnataka. From May 1 to July 25, Karnataka reported 272 new cases and 25 fatalities on the Consolidated status updates. The new count is only 38 cases and 21 fatalities. An additional 4 fatalities were media reported in the week July 26-Aug 1, bringing the expected total to 29. A difference of 8 fatalities. A possible explanation is that in the July 25 report Karnataka reported 8 fatalities from "earlier" http://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=63505 These undated fatalities may be being ignored in the new count.

2. Maharashtra. From May 1 to July 25, Maharashtra reported 732 new cases and 85 fatalities on the consolidated status updates. The new count is 1,005 cases and 115 fatalities, suggesting 30 fatalities during the week July 26 to August 1. However State records show 39 fatalities recorded during that period. One possible explanation is that the new count ignores lagging deaths - deaths recorded in early May that occurred in late April.

3. Gujarat. The Consolidated count made an adjustment to agree with State figures on June 27 resulting in a large increase in cases, these seem to have been allocated to the period before May 1.

4. Rajasthan. On May 6th, the Consolidated count made an adjustment to agree with State figures. This resulted in a large increase in cases that have been allocated to the period before May 1.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending August 1st

Swine flu: 58 deaths, 629 cases in past one week
                      Indo-Asian News Service
                      New Delhi, August 06, 2010First Published: 18:50 IST(6/8/2010)
                      Last Updated: 18:52 IST(6/8/2010) Email printBookmark & Share more...
                      The number of swine flu cases in the country is rising with 629 people testing positive for the influenza A (H1N1) and 58 deaths reported during the last week, the highest for the current year. According to the health ministry, the highest number of deaths (35) was reported from Maharashtra
                      followed by 10 from Kerala and six from Gujarat. Andhra Pradesh reported three deaths while two people each died in Delhi and West Bengal.

Maharashtra reported the highest number of 273 cases this week, followed by Karnataka with 109 cases. Kerala reported 50 cases while Andhra Pradesh reported 56 cases followed by 44 cases from West Bengal and 40 cases from Tamil Nadu.

Meanwhile, the health ministry has recommended the use of swine flu vaccines to avoid the threat.

"The moisture due to monsoon is giving a good breeding ground to the virus. Precautionary measures such as washing of hands, covering the nose and avoiding crowded places must be followed," a health ministry official told IANS.

According to the health ministry, 1,750 deaths have been reported due to swine flu since its outbreak in May last year while 246 deaths have taken place since May this year.

Till date, samples from 151,128 persons have been tested for influenza A (H1N1) in government laboratories and a few private laboratories across the country and 35,298 of them have been found positive.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending August 1st

Man, I really should just be more patient!

Note:

1. Till date (Aug 1), samples from 151128 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 35298 (23.3&#37 of them have been found positive.

2. All the 629 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.

3. Fifty eight deaths (Maharashtra-35, Kerala- 10, Andhra Pradesh-3, Gujarat-6, Delhi-2 and West Bengal-2) have been reported during the week.

DS/GK

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending August 1st. Total 1,750

Note:

1. Till date, samples from 154259 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 36240 (23.4%) of them have been found positive.

2. All the 942 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.

3. Eighty three deaths (Maharashtra-51, Karnataka-12, Gujarat-7, Andhra Pradesh-6, Orissa-2, Kerala- 1, Madhya Pradesh-1, Goa-1, Uttar Pradesh-1 and West Bengal-1) have been reported during the week.

DS/GK

full table here;

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending August 18th. Total 1,833

note: The central count for Maharashtra is 10 behind the State's count of 622 for the same period.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending August 18th. Total 1,833

1. Till date, samples from 1, 58,855 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 37,395 (23.5&#37 of them have been found positive.

2. All 1155 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.

3. Eighty four deaths (Maharashtra-51, Karnataka-7, Delhi-7, Gujarat-5, Andhra Pradesh-5, Kerala-4, Uttar Pradesh-2, Madhya Pradesh-1, Punjab-1 and Rajasthan-1) have been reported during the week.

4. Twenty six earlier deaths (Maharashtra-14 and Karnataka-12) have been reported from the health authorities of the respective states.

Edit:::: Note: In point 3 above only 2 fatalities are attributed to Uttar Pradesh, but on the Cumulative table at the link, 4 are added.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending August 15th. Total 1,845 - 112 fatalities added

Note:

1. Till date (Aug 22), samples from 163289 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 38730 (23.7%) of them have been found positive.

2. All 1335 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.

3. Seventy nine deaths (Maharashtra-40, Gujarat-12, Karnataka-8, Delhi-5, Madhya Pradesh-6, Rajasthan-4, Andhra Pradesh-3 and Uttar Pradesh-1) have been reported during the week.

DS/GK

Comment

Working...
                                X