Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China - Hundreds Protest Against Dictatorship Demanding Human Rights in Guangdong province

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China - Hundreds Protest Against Dictatorship Demanding Human Rights in Guangdong province

machine translation -

China ‧ private sale to lead protest against corrupt officials. The large peaceful acquiescence ‧ Guangdong rare demonstration
    International 2011-11-22 17:14
    (Guangzhou, China ‧ 22 AP), Guangdong Province, China on Monday broke out, "4 June incident" after the rare large-scale peaceful demonstrations.
    Acquiescence of local authorities, thousands of the Guangdong region dissatisfaction Hailufeng private sale of land to be corrupt and unfair local elections of villagers, armed with flags, shouted "against dictatorship", "Give me my human rights" march to City Hall.

This day is considered the first Chinese workers and peasants red regime "Hoi Luk Fung Soviet" set up 84 years of life.

8:30 am on Monday, thousands of villagers in Lufeng Wukan Village Hat wearing neat, hand-held "against dictatorship", "fighting corruption", "Give me my human rights", "Down with the collusion," "land perish "and other slogans and banners, walking toward Lufeng City.
    80% of the collective land was illegal to sell

80% of the villagers complaints village collective land was illegal cheap, land acquisition and compensation has been misappropriated, and each village committee elections are suspected of fraud, the village Party branch secretary and director of more than 40 years the village has not been replaced, the demonstrators also called for authorities in democratic elections.
    According to reports, the villagers before the first government in the demonstration application, but are not sure whether to adopt.

The peaceful and orderly procession, the police failed to stop the parade, the team front is a square composed of hundreds of surface bunting team, many young people who bear the flag and the childish students.

Some villagers said the school has been a warning to expel students, but his son insisted, "must be dismissed to go!"

Hundreds of riot police alert
    Villagers to reach the municipal government, the authorities will close the door gates, and sent hundreds of riot police alert, tense.

Sit in the plaza of the village, about three hours later, Lufeng City Acting Mayor Qiujin Xiong appeared to receive petitions files, and promised as soon as possible the demands of the villagers, the villagers began gradually dispersed. Police then deployed to monitor a large number of police officers outside the village.

The villagers warned that if the government can not give in just three days to sell them a satisfactory reply, Wukan villagers will once again launch a large-scale demonstrations; the representatives of villagers and even threatened, if not to solve the problem, do not exclude the possibility of self-immolation way fight.

snip

Zhu Jianguo means, Guangdong bright appearance in the economic, social unrest factors are frequent, business failures and is now the climax, the end can be confident there will be more protests happen, "If the only use of military and police repression, is bound to be a loss, or even counterproductive. "

Zhttp://www.sinchew.com.my/node/227620?tid=2
Working...
X