X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: India Chickenpox 2012

BIHAR
    ROHTAS
    Chicken Pox Block- Nasriganj PHC- Nasriganj Subcenter- Mangrau Vill- Mangrau 15 0 21/04/2012 2012-05-08 21:59:12 15000 Fever and skin eruptions with vasicular and pustular eruptions. Not Done Antipyretic and Antibiotics provided through sub centers. Counseling on Chicken Pox done. Investigation Open The cases were diagnosed on clinical grounds.

SAHARSA
    Chickenpox Block-Pattarghat, PHC- Pattarghat, Village- Thadi Pastpar 6 0 06/05/2012 2012-05-08 18:46:50 300 Disease mainly in children of age below 10 years No YES Investigation Open Under surveillance
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

BIHAR
      LAKHIMPUR
      Chicken Pox BPHC: Ghilamora BPHCAFFECTED VILLAGE: MOHMARA DIGHALI UNDER GHILAMORA BPHC. 6 0 04/05/2012 2012-05-09 16:59:25 477 6(SIX) SUSPECTED CHICKENPOX CASES OF SAME VILLAGE OF MOHMARA DIGHALI UNDER GHILAMORA BPHC ARE REPORTED ON 352012. THE PATIENTS ARE WITH THE SYMPTOMS OF FEVER AND RASH.THE AGE GROUP OF THE PATIENTS ARE........1-10 YRS: 2 NOS.11-20 YRS: 4 NOS. 1. 3(THREE) NOS. OF SERUM SAMPLES ARE COLLECTED FOR IgM, IgG ANTIBODIES DETECTION (ELISA TEST). OUT OF THREE, TWO SAMPLES ARE FOUND TO BE CHICKEN POX. 2. 3(THREE) NOS. OF WATER SAMPLES ARE COLLECTED IN H2S STRIP FOR FECAL CONTAMINATION FROM THE AFFECTED AREA. RESULTS NEGATIVE. 1. A HEALTH WORKERS TEAM WAS SENT TO THE AFFECTED AREA FOR HOUSE HOLD SURVEY.MICROBIOLOGIST, IDSP,LAKHIMPUR VISITED THE AFFECTED AREA AND COLLECTED SAMPLES AND DISCUSSED THE MATTER WITH THE IC GHILAMORA BPHC AND REQUESTED TO ORGANIZE HEALTH AWARENESS CAMP AND TO DISTRIBUTE B-COMPLEX Investigation Open ALL PATIENTS ARE IMPROVING

WEST CHAMPARAN (BETTIAH)
      Chicken Pox(Provisional) Mainatar,PHC Mainatar,Pirari 3 0 09/05/2012 2012-05-10 13:26:45 1150 Low income group,low hygiene condition was there. No any sample collected Field investigation has been done by Epidemiologist along with MO of PHC.Control measures has been taken. Investigation Open Out Three two case belong to adult age group.

Chicken Pox Barharia, Bhaluan 4 0 07/05/2012 2012-05-11 15:38:14 1000 Finding Chicken Pox 4 cases, there is no any death. .. Medical team visited for proper case at the place & house to house surveillance is going on conducted iec activity Investigation Open Medical team advice of all people among the affected area to keep nit & clean any time.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

BIHAR
        BHOJPUR
        Chicken Pox vill-Chotki sanadhia,sub-center-Chakia,PHC-Ara Sadar,Bhojpur. 16 0 06/05/2012 2012-05-15 12:36:35 1485 During inspection existence of chicken Pox was found at 4-5 houses of the Village. No Samples Collected Yes. RRT team visited the affected area. Ambiclox ,Pem ,Multi Vitamin, cough Sip, etc. distributes in affected village. Investigation Open situation under control.

WEST CHAMPARAN (BETTIAH)
        Chicken Pox(Provisional) Yogapatti,PHC Yogapatti , Nimueya, Semri Man,Barahi Tola, Ward No 09 28 0 14/05/2012 2012-05-16 12:14:46 2000 Primary case was migrant from other district,Most of the cases appeared with in 4-5 days.Low socio economic group of people was there. No any sample taken till date. Details field investigation done by RRT along with DIO on 15.05.12. Situation under control. Conservative and preventive measures taken by Block medical officers. Investigation Open Two cases was found in adult female.

PATNA
        chicken pox Block-Bihta,PHC-Bihta,Sub centre-Srichandpur,Vill-Basaurhha 11 0 30/04/2012 2012-05-16 07:46:01 750 All the cases were below 35 years of age,with both sexes of which 7 cases were below 10 years. Generally cleanliness of the inmates was very poor. nill All 11 patients and 3 other symptomatic patients were treated accordingly with Vit.A.Treatment given at the place and house to house surveillance is going on. Investigation Open

UTTAR PRADESH
        RAE-BAREILLY
        Chicken Pox CHC- Bacchrawan, Vill.- Rajamau, Guptan tola 7 0 08/05/2012 2012-05-16 12:21:11 560 All cases presented with symptoms of papulovesicular rashes. The affected people are small children and young adults. Investigation open PHC level RRT team investigated the cases. Active house to house search was done. Cases of fever with papulovesicular rash reported from village Rajamau, Guptan Tola, CHC Bacchrawan. Symptomatic treatment provided to all cases. Health education and awareness regarding isolation of the cases and sanitation done. CMO has ordered to maintain strict vigil in the village for the next seven days and report if any new cases are reported. Investigation Open Stable, no complications reported.

Comment

BIHAR
          WEST CHAMPARAN (BETTIAH)
          Chicken pox(Provisional) Nautan, PHC Nautan, Sub Center- Uttar Tellua, Village- Utter Tellu 46 0 16/05/2012 2012-05-19 14:04:49 950 All patient having history of fever,No any specific source of infection found.Adult age group also found with similar kind of infection. No any sample taken. Detailed field investigation done by Epidemiologist,DIO along with concern MOIc on 17.05.12.All control measures has been undertaken. Investigation Open Situation under control

PATNA
          Chicken pox Block-Dulhin bazar,PHC-Dulhin bazar,Sub centre-Sorampur,Vill-Amarpura 14 0 30/04/2012 2012-05-17 22:25:12 850 All the cases were below 12 years of age,with both sexes of which 11 cases were below 10 years. Generally cleanliness of the inmates was very poor. nill Medical team visited for proper care.Treatment given at the place and house to house surveillance is going on. Investigation Open

Comment

BIHAR
            SIWAN
            Chicken Pox Guthani,Chitbisraw,Belauri 58 0 13/05/2012 2012-05-22 11:30:44 1500 Chicken Pox .. Medical team visited for proper case at the place Investigation Open Medical team advice of all people among the affected area to keep nit & clean.

UTTAR PRADESH
            LAKHIMPUR KHERI
            Chicken Pox Vill Shiv lalpurwa Subcenter Tikonia CHC Nighasan 3 0 15/05/2012 2012-05-22 15:02:27 1270 Macculo papular reshes with vesicles mixed crop with fever Nil 03 Patient treated IEC Given. Investigation Closed No

Jammu & Kashmir
            Four suspected cases of chicken pox in J&K
            Press Trust of India / Srinagar May 22, 2012, 15:35
            Four suspected cases of chicken pox were today reported from a leading private school here, prompting the Health Department to send a team to assess the situation.

"We had four suspected cases of chicken pox among our students. Our medical officer confirmed the same ... We have informed the parents of these children and advised them to seek a second opinion," Joyce Koul, Headmistress of Kashmir Valley School at Humhama, said.
            Last edited by Ronan Kelly; May 22, 2012, 05:14 AM. Reason: added third

Comment

Chickenpox virus stalks Uttar Pradesh
              Gorakhpur , Tue, 22 May 2012ANI

Gorakhpur, May 22 (ANI): The number of chickenpox cases escalated in Uttar Pradesh's Gorakhpur city.
              Patients lamented over the spreading waste in the area and accused the negligence on part of the authorities.
              "Earlier I was suffering from fever and slowly abrasions came up on my body. I am suffering from this for the past ten days and it has not been cured. Doctors have come for the check and said that it is due to the spreading filth in the colony," said Gudia, a patient

Comment

Source: http://www.expressindia.com/latest-n...n-city/952598/

Chicken pox cases in city
                Raakhi Jagga
                Posted: May 23, 2012 at 0043 hrs IST

Ludhiana- About 30 cases of chicken pox have been reported from Ranjit Nagar located in Sherpur Chowk.The patients are children living in the same vehra. The district health authorities too have swung into action and have organised a camp in the area...

Comment

BIHAR
                  NAWADA
                  Chicken pox A febrile illness with acute onset of generalized maculopapulo vesicular rash clinicially diagnosed as chicken pox reported from PHC, Hisua, Vill - Chitarghati Latavar 10 0 17/05/2012 2012-05-23 16:45:12 8455 All cases belong to 3-15 age group. Male children are affected more than female. Nil Block Medical Team Visited the affected area & Investigated the out break. All cases treated symptomatically. Analgesic & Antibiotic distributed to all affected persons. IEC activities under taken regarding isolation & early treatment of cases. Investigation Open Under Surveillance

SIWAN
                  Chicken Pox Barharia, Bhaluwan 10 0 12/05/2012 2012-05-23 09:46:24 1000 Chicken Pox .. Medical team visited for proper case at the place & house to house surveillance is going on conducted iec activity. Investigation Open Medical team advice of all people among the affected area to keep nit & clean.

UTTAR PRADESH
                  RAE-BAREILLY
                  Chicken Pox CHC- Shivgarh, Vill.- Shahpur hamlet of Basantpur, Block- Shivgarh, Raebareli 10 0 16/05/2012 2012-05-23 16:33:42 435 All cases presented with symptoms of papulovesicular rashes. The affected people are small children and young adults. Investigation open CHC level RRT team investigated the cases. Active house to house search was done. Cases of fever with papulovesicular rash reported from village - Shahpur hamlet of Basantpur, CHC Shivgarh. Symptomatic treatment provided to all cases. Health education and awareness regarding isolation of the cases and sanitation done. CMO has ordered to maintain strict vigil in the village for the next seven days and report if any new cases are reported. Investigation Open Stable, no complications reported.

Chicken Pox PHC- Sareni, Vill.- Ovahni, Block- Sareni 5 0 14/05/2012 2012-05-23 16:35:23 300 All cases presented with symptoms of papulovesicular rashes. The affected people are small children and young adults and middle aged Investigation open PHC level RRT team investigated the cases. Active house to house search was done. Cases of fever with papulovesicular rash reported from village Ovahni, PHC Sareni. Symptomatic treatment provided to all cases. Health education and awareness regarding isolation of the cases and sanitation done. CMO has ordered to maintain strict vigil in the village for the next seven days and report if any new cases are reported. Investigation Open Stable, no complications reported.

Comment

BIHAR
                    GOPALGANJ
                    Confirmed Chicken Pox Block- Kuchaikote, PHC- Kuchaikote, Sub Center- Rajapur, Village- Mangaru Chhapar 13 0 22/05/2012 2012-05-25 10:20:26 1000 Out of 13 cases of Chicken Pox 10 were mild and 3 were severe. The affected were of low socio-economic status. There was poor sanitary condition around their houses. Severed cases were advised to be admitted in the PHC. Sample yet to be collected and tested. Paracetamole, Cetrazine and Multi Vitamin Syrup were provided. Investigated by Members of Rapid Response Team both clinically and epidemiologically (Epidemiologist and Medical Officer) at 12:30 P.M On 24.05.2012 Investigation Open Medical Team Constituted by Kuchaikote PHC visited the affected area and provided the required medicines. House to house visit is being done by the respective ANM to search the new cases on daily basis. Follow up is being done by the medical team. Situation is under control right now. The initial case was from outside the village who had come to the village to attend a marriage ceremony according to the affected persons. Female were more affected than males. Age group 1-35 were primarily affected. Affected were advised to maintain isolation and cleanliness.

NALANDA
                    Chickenpox Vill-Marsua,HSC-Saidpur,PHC-Ben 8 0 14/05/2012 2012-05-25 14:46:31 1000 Total 8 cases were found in village all were clustering. No Yes,Outbreak was visited by Epidemiologist,MO.Sypmtomatic treatment was given to all.In addition to that health education was given to concerned HHS. Investigation Open

Chicken pox Vill-Deep Nagar, PHC-Sadar Block 4 0 19/05/2012 2012-05-25 14:54:27 1000 Three cases were found in one HHand one case was found in another HH which was very close proximity to each other. No Yes, Epidemiologist visited on the basis of reporting in S form and found that all cases were of Chickenpox.Health education was given to all affected HHs .ANM of that village is very concerned and District team is reviewing time to time. Investigation Open

CHHATISGARH
                    JANJGIR
                    Chicken Pox Block Pamgarh, PHC Pamgarh, Sub center Chandipara, Village Heduspur. 11 0 14/05/2012 2012-05-24 15:52:11 960 Chicken Pox cases found in which Male -02 & Female -09. Fever, Headache and Rashes all Over The Body. Sample Not Collected Door to door Visiting and health education given by RRT & Block Combat Team. And Antibiotics & Analgesic Tablets Given By field workers in Survey. Investigation Open No

Comment

BIHAR
                      KHAGARIA
                      CHICKEN POX MANSI 2 0 20/05/2012 2012-05-28 13:39:34 93976 UNDER SURVEILLANCE CHICKEN POX YES Investigation Open NO ANY

JAMMU AND KASHMIR
                      GANDERBAL
                      Chicken Pox Duderhama Ganderbal(Tiny Hearts School) 5 0 19/05/2012 2012-05-28 16:17:54 800 area adjusted to SDH Ganderbal ----- Helath education imparted regarding hygirne ,isolation and treatment. Investigation Open

KERALA
                      ALAPPUZHA
                      Chickenpox Block:AmbalappuzhaPHC:ThottapallySC:PurakkaduVilla ge:Purakkad 9 0 26/04/2012 2012-05-28 12:23:40 162 The index case Vishnu developed fever on 26412 on the trip to Pazhani. He was accompanied by 5 members which included his relatives Nil Fever survey conducted in the area. Under guidance of MO, local RRT formed on 15512 and conducted Health Education classes in the colony.Acyclovir treatment given to the cases. Isolation and house quarantine advised for 7 to 10 days. Investigation Open The index case in late incubation period has transmitted the disease to others during a pilgrimage to Pazhani in a tourist bus. The tour trip started on 26412 from Purakkad.

Comment

BIHAR
                        ROHTAS
                        Chicken Pox Block:- Karaghar PHC:- Karaghar Sub Center:- Mohaniya Village:- Tilkapur 100 0 16/05/2012 2012-05-29 17:34:43 1500 All the affected people had fever weekness and rashes of varius sizes. Facility not available. The situation is under control. All the patients were provided analgesic and antibiotics. Investigation Open Vaccination for Chicken Pox should be included in routine immunization.

JHARKHAND
                        RANCHI
                        chikenpox sadar block,urban PHC panch mandir harmu 7 0 21/05/2012 2012-05-30 13:43:00 379751 The index case master shubham 5yrs developed fever on 20.05.12 after came from jamsedpur to ranchi. He was accompanied by 7 members which included his relatives. patients are 2-35 yrs old. no. Cases reported from harmu housing colony Sadar, District ranchi, jharkhand. District RRT investigated the outbreak. House to house survey done for finding new cases. All cases treated symptomatically. Affected children and adults were 2 -35 years of age. Health education given regarding isolation of case. Investigation Open no

Comment

BIHAR
                          CHICKEN POX MANSI 3 0 09/06/2012 2012-06-11 15:38:56 93976 - - - Investigation Open NO ANY

Comment

BIHAR
                            AURANGABAD
                            Chiken Pox Vill:- Hazari Karma , HSC:-Pawai , Bolck:- Deo Aurangabad, Bihar. 6 0 11/06/2012 2012-06-19 15:27:06 1251 During inspection existence of chicken Pox was found at 3-5 houses of the Village. No Samples Collected Yes. RRT team visited the affected area. Ambiclox ,Pem ,Multi Vitamin, cough Sip, etc. distributes in affected village Investigation Closed

Chiken Pox Vill:- Kapsiya , HSC:- Kapsiya , Bolck:- Sadar block Aurangabad, Bihar. 8 0 08/06/2012 2012-06-19 15:31:12 800 During inspection existence of chicken Pox was found at 4-5 houses of the Village. No Samples Collected Yes. RRT team visited the affected area. Ambiclox ,Pem ,Multi Vitamin, cough Sip, etc. distributes in affected village Investigation Closed

Comment

UTTAR PRADESH
                              AZAMGARH
                              Chickenpox Mohalla-Dalshinagar-Azamgarh Urban 1 0 10/06/2012 2012-06-20 14:30:37 3000 Syndromeeswere febrile illness and maculo-papulor vesicular rashes Nil District RRT Investigation done.Symptomatic treatment is given.Health education given regarding personal prophylactic Measures. Investigation Closed NA.

Comment

PUNJAB
                                SASNAGAR

Chicken Pox Vill. Sangatpura, PHC Boothgarh 5 0 12/06/2012 2012-07-09 12:51:52 650 Three patients are belong to same family. Clinically Diagnosed 1. Survey of affected area is being done. 2. All patients told to stay isolated and indoors.They were also advised to follow infection control measures. 3. It was advised to cut nails of the infected persons so that they dont scratch and burst the pistules when they feel itchy. Investigation Closed nil

Comment

Working...
                                X