Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J Virol. Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus accessory protein 4a is a type I interferon antagonist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Virol. Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus accessory protein 4a is a type I interferon antagonist.

[Source: US National Library of Medicine, full page: (LINK). Abstract, edited.]

J Virol. 2013 Sep 11. [Epub ahead of print]

Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus accessory protein 4a is a type I interferon antagonist.

Niemeyer D, Zillinger T, Muth D, Zielecki F, Horvath G, Suliman T, Barchet W, Weber F, Drosten C, M?ller MA.

Source: Institute of Virology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Bonn/Germany.

Abstract

Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) causes severe acute respiratory infection with as yet unclear epidemiology. We previously showed that MERS-CoV counteracts parts of the innate immune response in human bronchiolar cells. Here we analyzed accessory proteins 3, 4a, 4b and 5 for their abilities to inhibit the type I interferon response. Accessory protein 4a was found to block interferon induction at the level of MDA5 activation presumably by direct interaction with double-stranded RNA.

PMID: 24027320 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

-
    ------
Working...
X