• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozambique reports the first new Dengue cases in thirty years

google translated;

Dengue cases reappear in Mozambique

James Gathany
    RFI

Registered several cases of Dengue in Pemba, Cabo Delgado district, in the north. The Mozambican authorities are concerned about the situation and study measures to be taken. The last case of Dengue in the country were recorded in 80 years (since the 1980s? - Ro), or thirty years ago.
    The town of Pemba in Cabo Delgado Province in northern Mozambique, is grappling with Dengue. There are four affected districts but no deaths recorded in a population of 16 confirmed cases and 21 suspected.
    Registados vários casos de Dengue em Pemba, no distrito de Cabo Delgado, no norte do país. As autoridades moçambicanas estão preocupadas com a situação e estudam medidas a adoptar. O último caso de Dengue…
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Mozambique reports the first new Dengue cases in thirty years

Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1986 Nov;35(6):1280-4.
    Dengue 3 virus transmission in Africa.
    Gubler DJ, Sather GE, Kuno G, Cabral JR.
    Abstract
    The first known transmission of dengue 3 virus in Africa was documented by virus isolation during an epidemic of dengue-like illness in Pemba, Mozambique, in late 1984 and early 1985. Dengue 3 virus was the only serotype isolated. Most patients appeared to be experiencing secondary flavivirus infections, but whether this was the result of previous dengue, yellow fever, or other flavivirus infection is not known. Two cases of hemorrhagic disease with shock and death were associated with the epidemic.
    PMID: 3789276 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    The first known transmission of dengue 3 virus in Africa was documented by virus isolation during an epidemic of dengue-like illness in Pemba, Mozambique, in late 1984 and early 1985. Dengue 3 virus was the only serotype isolated. Most patients appeared to be experiencing secondary flavivirus infect …
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Mozambique confirms 30 cases of Dengue fever
      Posted by: APA Posted date : April 21, 2014 at 1:31 pm 22 views In: Africa
      Mozambique?s health authorities have confirmed 30 cases of dengue fever in the northern province of Cabo Delgado since the current outbreak began in late March.The National Director of Health, Francisco Mbofana is quoted by state run Radio Mozambique on Monday as saying no death has been report from the disease so far, with health authorities regarding the situation under control.

Comment

New dengue fever cases diagnosed in northern Mozambique
        Xinhua, April 26, 2014

Health authorities in the northern Mozambican province of Cabo Delgado on Friday confirmed 13 new cases of the dengue fever, local radio reported on Friday.

The 13 cases were diagnosed at Pemba provincial hospitals' laboratory in the last 24 hours.

A week ago, the hospital confirmed 16 cases of the disease.

Comment

Working...
        X