• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3,000 Iranians contract swine flu, 28 dead

Source: http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...tionid=3510212

3,000 Iranians contract swine flu, 28 dead
    Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:18:24 GMT

An Iranian health official says 3,000 Iranian citizens have been infected with the A-H1N1 flu across the country as the virus's death toll reached 28.

?Closure of 70 schools in Tehran and many other schools around the country is alarming for authorities,? Majlis Health Commission spokesman told Mehr News Agency.

?Majlis Health Commission will meet the country's Health and Education ministers on Tuesday to discuss the latest state of the fatal virus spread in the country,? Mohammadreza Rezaei Kuchi said.

The country's health officials urge parents to keep a child with flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough and sore throat at home until the symptoms are gone.

?Apart from children and students, tourists, especially Hajj pilgrims, are also another group at serious risk of infection to A-H1N1 virus,? he added.

?Majlis will put extra focus on the matter,? continued Kuchi who is a representative form Jahrom.

Health officials stressed that adopting simple precautionary measures such as frequently washing hands, using a tissue to cover the mouth when coughing and sneezing, avoiding kissing and touching face and eyes can help contain the virus from spreading.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X