Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California - San Francisco Bay area (Oakland, Alameda, Tri-Valley, Marin, Napa, Sonoma, San Mateo, San Jose, Santa Clara, Silicon Valley)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: California - San Francisco Bay area (Oakland, Alameda, Tri-Valley, Marin, Napa, Sonoma, San Mateo, San Jose, Santa Clara, Silicon Valley)

Santa Clara County flu death toll soars to 14; More than 200 die in state

SANTA CLARA, Calif. ? Four more Santa Clara County residents have died from the flu and the state death toll from the illness has topped 200, officials announced Friday.

Santa Clara health authorities said they now have had 14 flu deaths in the county. The latest victims were described as a 56-year-old female, a 54-year-old female, a 47-year-old female, and a 33-year-old male...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: California - San Francisco Bay area (Oakland, Alameda, Tri-Valley, Marin, Napa, Sonoma, San Mateo, San Jose, Santa Clara, Silicon Valley)

Second and third flu deaths in Solano County confirmed
      Vacaville man in his 50s, Fairfield woman in her 40s both died last week

Solano County Public Health officials have confirmed second and third flu deaths in the county for the 2013-14 season.

The secon victim, confirmed earlier today, was a Vacaville man in his 50s, said County Public Health Epidemiologist Meileen Acosta. She said the man died last week.

This afternoon officials confirmed a third resident had died of the flu, a woman in her 40s from Fairfield, who also died last week.

Citing medical information privacy laws, officials released no additional details about the two.

Acosta said the county does not track numbers for every person currently hospitalized with flu but is tracking the numbers of those under 65 admitted to area intensive care units. There are now 14 in Solano County.

Comment

Source: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/con...&pid=169653557

Lynn Sonya Cottrell (82 yrs.)
        Feb. 7, 2014
        Resident of Walnut Creek
        Lynn was given eternal peace with our Lord in Heaven, after suffering from influenza and the resulting illness that she was not able to overcome...

Comment

Bay Area flu: San Mateo County reports sixth flu-related death

SAN MATEO -- Health officials in San Mateo County confirmed a sixth flu-related death Thursday, bringing the number of fatal flu cases to 45 in the Bay Area...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

H1N1 flu virus contributes to popular pastor?s death

Family and friends will gather at Mountain View Community Church this weekend to celebrate the life of Senior Pastor Charles Youngkin.

Known as Charlie, the vibrant 60-year-old?s sudden death Feb. 12 is being attributed, in part, to the H1N1 flu virus.

?He was just an amazing, amazing man ? passionate and intentional,? said Youngkin?s wife of 36 years, Elaine.

An avid golf and tennis player who exercised every day and loved to play the guitar and sing, Youngkin experienced a dramatic downturn in his health earlier this month. He preached on a Sunday and began presenting flu-like symptoms later that evening. The next day, Elaine took him to a doctor, who immediately sent Youngkin to the hospital. He was released three days later only to be readmitted the following Monday. He never returned home after that.

Local news coverage of Ramona Sentinel. Featuring local news and events, discussions, announcements, photos and videos.

Comment

Source: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pal...&pid=169835843

Obituary/Area Death

MILLER, Wayne Eugene (50 yrs. Died 12/26/13)

...Wayne passed away unexpectedly after a brief battle with the flu...

Comment

Contra Costa County Woman Dies From Flu Virus

A Contra Costa County woman died recently from complications related to the flu, county health officials said today.

The woman was in her 40s and died sometime over the past month, Contra Costa County Health Services spokeswoman Kate Fowlie said.

She was the seventh person in the county under 65 years old to die from the flu since December, Fowlie said.

At least some of those cases were confirmed to be the H1N1 virus, also known as swine flu, the spokeswoman said.

Comment

Palo Alto man dies from swine flu

A 58-year-old Palo Alto man has died after contracting the H1N1 influenza virus, and his family became seriously ill.

Jeffrey Kane, a longtime resident and Gunn High School graduate, contracted the illness on Dec. 27. He died on Jan. 29 after a long battle against its complications, his widow, Molly Kane, told the Weekly.

The Kanes and their 11-year-old daughter were all sickened by the flu at the same time. He developed pneumonia and spent more than three weeks in the hospital and a rehabilitation facility, she said.

A 58-year-old Palo Alto man has died after contracting the H1N1 influenza virus, and his family became seriously ill.

Comment

Working...
                  X