• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CA: 2nd Kings county death from H1N1 flu reported

Source: http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/news/...a4bcf887a.html

Kings county man dies from H1N1 flu
    38 minutes ago

HANFORD ? Kings County health officials reported today that the H1N1 flu virus resulted in the death of a local resident this week.

Officials said the man was middle-aged and was previously healthy...

Comment

CA: Two Deaths Reported in Merced County

Fresno County woman dies of H1N1 flu complications

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Health officials are confirming three flu deaths in the Valley. Two adults have died from the flu. A third person is hospitalized in intensive care in Merced County. And Fresno County is reporting the death of a woman. These cases are just part of an increase of cases of influenza requiring hospitalization being reported statewide and nationally in recent weeks.

more...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: CA: Two Deaths Reported in Merced County

Three Valley deaths from the H1N1 flu virus

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people in Merced County and one person in Fresno County who died tested positive for the H1N1 flu virus.

Health Officials say they're already tracking more severe cases throughout the Valley this year compared to the same time last year.

-snip-

Luchini confirmed a woman in her 40s who died tested positive for the virus. Seven people are currently in the intensive care unit. The flu has also impacted an entire floor at the Fresno County jail.

more...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

CA - San Juan Woman is First Flu Death under 65 in County

A 28-year-old San Juan Capistrano woman is the first person in Orange County under 65 to die of the influenza virus this flu season, county health officials said last week.

The woman, whose name has not been released, contracted the H1N1 strain of the flu virus and died sometime the week prior, according to Deanne Thompson, spokesperson for the Orange County Health Care Agency. The woman also had ?underlying medical conditions,? Thompson said.

Comment

CA: 2 Deaths in San Bernardino County

Flu becomes 'widespread', 3 deaths in the Inland Empire

INLAND EMPIRE ? (INT) ? San Bernardino County health officials reported two flu-related deaths Friday bringing the Inland Empire total to three.

...more

Comment

CA: Flu death at Nevada County hospital

Source: http://www.theunion.com/news/9693086...ada-department

Flu death at Nevada County hospital
              Christopher Rosacker
              crosacker@theunion.com
              January 10, 2014

A person infected with a yet-to-be specified strain of the influenza virus died this week at Grass Valley?s Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital, according to a Nevada County government official.

?It is with regret that I inform our community that a previously healthy resident of Nevada County in their 30s passed away due to complications from influenza on Jan. 8,? said Dr. Ken Cutler, Nevada County?s public health officer, in a statement. ?Testing confirmed influenza, with lab results pending for the H1N1 strain.?..

Comment

Re: CA: 2nd Kings county death from H1N1 flu reported

Source: http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2014/01...es-valley.html

Kings County case raises Valley swine flu deaths to five
                By Barbara Anderson
                The Fresno BeeJanuary 10, 2014
                Updated 42 minutes ago

Kings County health officials said a second person has died of H1N1 influenza, bringing bringing the number of swine flu deaths to five in the central San Joaquin Valley this flu season.

The county reported its first death Thursday. Fresno County also reported a death and Merced had two...

Comment

Re: CA: Flu death at Nevada County hospital

pH1N1 Child Vaccine Escape
                  CDC Early 2013

<div style="text-align: center;">
                  <hr style="width: 30%;" />41 Cases over 43 Sequences<hr style="width: 30%;" /></div>
                  Introduction

In the 30 days covering 2013-02-28 to 2013-03-29, the&nbsp;<span style="color: #783f04;"><b>United States CDC</b></span>&nbsp;released a total of 43&nbsp;<b><span style="color: #632423; font-family: &quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;;">pH1N1</span></b>&nbsp;sequences at&nbsp;<strong>GISAID&nbsp;</strong>on 41 human cases<strong>&nbsp;</strong>sampled from October 2012 to February 2013. Geographic surveillance includes&nbsp;<b>America,</b>&nbsp;<b>Africa, Asia </b>and<b> Russia.&nbsp;</b>Although&nbsp;<b><span style="color: #632423; font-family: &quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;;">pH1N1</span></b>&nbsp;in most locales during the&nbsp;2012-2013 season was the <b><span style="color: #783f04;">minority</span></b> serotype, the sequences in this Analytic Report describe a high level of human-infective diversity and an ease of avian genetic acquisition, including multiple instances demonstrating concentrated transport of <b><span style="color: #660000;">High-CFR</span></b>&nbsp;<b><span style="color: #632423; font-family: &quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;;">pH1N1&nbsp;</span><span style="color: #783f04;">Upsilon</span></b> polymorphisms onto single sequences.

. . .

Read the Open-Access, Full-Text
                  Investigational Analytic
                  including Genetic Details

Comment

Re: CA: Flu death at Nevada County hospital

pH1N1 Drug Resistance & Vaccine Escape
                    CDC Fall 2013

<div style="text-align: center;">
                    <hr style="width: 30%;" />29 Cases over 32 Sequences<hr style="width: 30%;" /></div>
                    Introduction

In the week from 2013-11-22 to 2013-11-29, the&nbsp;<span style="color: #783f04;"><b>United States CDC</b></span>&nbsp;released or updated a total of 32&nbsp;<b><span style="color: #632423; font-family: &quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;;">pH1N1</span></b>&nbsp;sequences at&nbsp;<strong>GISAID&nbsp;</strong>on 29 human cases<strong>&nbsp;</strong>sampled from July 2013 to November 2013. Geographic surveillance includes&nbsp;<b>America,</b>&nbsp;<b>India&nbsp;</b>and<b>&nbsp;Hong Kong.&nbsp;</b>

. . .

Read the Open-Access, Full-Text
                    Investigational Analytic
                    including Genetic Details

Comment

Re: California: Orange County's First Flu Death This Season Is a San Juan Capistrano Woman, 28 yrs. old

Redacted by Author
                      upon discovering
                      Post-Production
                      Consolidation by Moderator

Comment

Re: California: Orange County's First Flu Death This Season Is a San Juan Capistrano Woman, 28 yrs. old

Redacted by Author
                        upon discovering
                        Post-Production

Comment

7 people have been hospitalized with flu in SLO County, officials say

No deaths from the H1N1 flu virus have been reported in San Luis Obispo County, but seven people have been hospitalized, said Dr. Jim Beebe, lab director for the county Public Health Laboratory.

?All of them have been shown to have the 2009 influenza A pH1N1 strain,? he said.

The seven hospitalized people are of all ages, ranging from one 9-year-old to two people in their 70s, Beebe said.

Comment

7 die from the flu in California, 28 more deaths under investigation

By Susan Abram, Los Angeles Daily News

Posted: 01/10/14, 5:47 PM PST | Updated: 20 mins ago

The seven influenza-related deaths confirmed in California this week indicate that flu season is not only widespread but could prove more severe than in past years, state health officials said Friday.

At least 28 additional deaths are under investigation, prompting officials with the California Department of Public Health to warn all residents to get vaccinated, especially since younger, healthier people appear to be affected this season.

The seven influenza-related deaths confirmed in California this week indicate that flu season is not only widespread but could prove more severe than in past years, state health officials said Frid…

Comment

Re: 7 people have been hospitalized with flu in SLO County, officials say

Redacted by Author
                              upon discovering
                              Post-Production

Comment

Re: 7 people have been hospitalized with flu in SLO County, officials say

Redacted by Author
                                upon discovering
                                Post-Production

Comment

Working...
                                X