Interesting Comparison of %ILI and Hospitalizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Comparison of %ILI and Hospitalizations

These charts from California's Week 2 report show %ILI (Chart 1) and hospitalizations (Chart 2) since 2009-10. It is interesting to note that hospitalizations are notably higher relative to %ILI this season than the previous four seasons. This suggests that pH1N1 is causing more severe illness than any flu strains did during the previous four seasons, including the Pandemic season when pH1N1 was considered Novel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Week 2 CA ILI.png
Views:	1
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	668290

Click image for larger version

Name:	Week 2 CA Hosp.png
Views:	1
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	668291
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Interesting Comparison of %ILI and Hospitalizations

Exactly our concern, Jim.

Clinical outcomes are representative of the effects expected from the type of genetic change that we documented before the federal public health leaders restricted public access to relevant genetic sequences.

High Intensity genetics = High Morbidity count / Low Case count

By carefully documenting and decomposing the public health stats next to the clinical reports as you and LaidBack Al have done with the Critical Care Fatality Rate, we all arrive at a better picture of reality.

High Intensity genetics typically are very attractant to zoonotic changes. Expect focused cases of rapid progression that if properly deep sequenced from original lung material will demonstrate avian genetic acquisitions that have previously circulated in the pH1N1 Upsilon subclade.

Comment

Working...
    X