• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulgaria Registers 2 More Swine Flu Fatalities

Source: http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=110159

Bulgaria Registers 2 More Swine Flu Fatalities
    Society | November 19, 2009, Thursday

A 27-year-old pregnant woman infected with the swine flu A(H1N1) virus has died Thursday in the Black Sea city of Burgas, the hospital press center informs.

The baby has been delivered and is doing fine.

Another woman, whose baby has also been delivered, is in critical condition in the same hospital and is been monitored round the clock while a third pregnant woman, who is suspected to have been infected with the virus, has been admitted to the Emergency Room, but has left later on her own will.

In addition, a 40-year-old Burgas man, also suspected to have been infected with swine flu had died in the ambulance on his way to the hospital. The man had been ill for several days and had been trying to recover at home. He called the ambulance after his condition worsened Thursday, but the doctors were not able to help him.

The hospital further informs all patients with swine flu symptoms are being treated with the most modern medication available for the cost of BGN 2 000 per day. The medical staff reminds all Burgas residents, especially pregnant women, children and people with chronic diseases, to limit their contacts and seek professional help immediately after feeling ill,

The Thursday fatalities in Burgas, including the suspected A(H1N1) ambulance death case, bring the swine flu death toll in Bulgaria to 16. A 36-year-old man from the northern town of Gorna Oryahovitsa, became Bulgaria's 14th victim of the A(H1N1) virus on Tuesday after developing double pneumonia.

On Wednesday, Bulgaria's Chief Epidemiologist, Dr. Angel Kunchev, stated the Health Ministry will call off the national swine flu epidemic at the end of this week (I wish it was that simple ) due to a fall in cases of infection. He, however, concluded that a second wave of swine flu will hit Bulgaria but he added that it is too early to say when or if it will certainly happen.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X