• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoH: Woman dies of H1N1, death toll reaches seven in West Bank

Source: http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=241765

MoH: Woman dies of H1N1, death toll reaches seven in West Bank
    Published today (updated) 22/11/2009 14:39

Hebron ? Ma?an ? A woman from Hebron died on Sunday from the H1N1 virus as the fatality rate for swine flu rose to seven in the West Bank, the caretaker Palestinian Ministry of Health said on Sunday.

Director of the health care unit for the ministry, As?ad Ar-Ramlawi, told Ma?an that the unnamed woman, 45, who also suffered from heart disease, passed away as a result of the H1N1 virus, adding that there are 1,170 registered cases of swine flu in the Palestinian territories.

Ar-Ramlawi reasserted that the H1N1 death toll in the West Bank remains at seven, clarifying that the suspected case of a swine flu-related death of a school teacher in Tulkarem was in fact due to pneumonia.

The Ministry of Health's statistics contradict those of the Thabet Thabet Hospital northern Tulkarem where ore than 10 cases of H1N1 have been diagnosed in the last week, according to medical sources.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X