This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas to Keep Income Stream During Pandemic

We might as well get right to it. I thought we could start a thread about personal, financial survival during a pandemic.

Of course, your income stream is the number one priority. Even for persons who are wealthy, the income stream could come to an abrupt halt.

Let's start with great jobs to have (economically).

Obviously,

Healthcare,
    Government,
    Repairmen, all kinds,
    Auctioneers,
    Bankruptcy attorneys.

Any others?....

Re: Ideas to Keep Income Stream During Pandemic

Undertaker, lawyer, real estate agent, florist...

Comment

I am still trying to figure out what will happen with private aviation in a pandemic .... I unsderstand that commercial airlines will pretty much go away ... BUT is it possible that there may be more demand for charter aviation??? or is this wishful thinking on my part?

Comment

Originally posted by teestorm
        I am still trying to figure out what will happen with private aviation in a pandemic .... I unsderstand that commercial airlines will pretty much go away ... BUT is it possible that there may be more demand for charter aviation??? or is this wishful thinking on my part?
        There might be demand, the question though is supply. Assuming private pilots are willing to fly passengers, there may be restrictions on landings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mod Red
          There might be demand, the question though is supply. Assuming private pilots are willing to fly passengers, there may be restrictions on landings.
          I am talking about the types of aviation operations that are called unscheduled charters ... They handle trips for celebrities in Learjets and Citations etc ....
          They usually handle 5-15 people depending on teh size of the individual aircraft .

This business did well after 9-11 because each passenger KNEW every person on the plane .

Comment

The best job to have is one where you work from your home. A job such as medical or legal transcribing, running errands for people in your community who aren't able to drive. Deliver medications for pharmacies. Also, jobs and income depends on how volatile the BF will be. If it's pandemic, martial law, quarantine, etc., no one will be going anywhere.

I recommend that everyone have at least 6 months of living expenses in their checking account to pay bills if they are shutin in their homes. If you're prepped, there's no need for you to go anywhere. Also, keep a zero balance on your credit cards if you don't have readily available cash on hand. If you don't have a credit card apply for one or two of them. Most companies will take a form of CC to pay bills with.

Comment

I am talking about the types of aviation operations that are called unscheduled charters ... They handle trips for celebrities in Learjets and Citations etc ....
              They usually handle 5-15 people depending on teh size of the individual aircraft .

This business did well after 9-11 because each passenger KNEW every person on the plane .
              FAA Part 125 carriers.

I imagine some businesses will push their jets into service to deliver critical supplies and personnel if the Feds let them fly in a pandemic.

Those businesses also rely on:
              Air traffic control
              Ground support
              Fuel.. LOTS of fuel
              The Mad Monk

Comment

I think this segment will be HOT. Transportation is one of those "mixed bag" categories. Overall it will be decimated. But if you have the only planes, trains, trucks, buses, etc. operating, how big will the demand be for that service? Very high.

High demand, low supply = Very high price.

Comment

Working...
                X