X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoH: Pregnant woman, diabetic man die from H1N1

Source: http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=243096

MoH: Pregnant woman, diabetic man die from H1N1

Nablus ? Ma'an ? Two more Palestinians died from the H1N1 virus in the West Bank, the Health Ministry announced on Saturday.

Ministry health care director As'ad Ar-Ramlawi told Ma'an that a pregnant woman from Hebron and diabetic man from Jenin were both diagnosed with swine flu before they died.

The latest two confirmed cases bring the total H1N1 death toll to nine in Palestine, the official said. The Ministry of Health recorded 1,200 registered cases of swine flu in Palestine, Ar-Ramlawi added, noting that most have fully recovered.

The ministry has ordered a second shipment of some 200,000 more vaccines, doubling the original shipment, which will be administered with priority to pregnant women, children, and critically ill patients, he said.

The ministry signed a deal on Monday with UK-based pharmaceutical company Galaxo Smith Klein to purchase one million doses of the vaccine. According to Health Minister Fathi Abu Moghli, the vaccines will be delivered in December.

In early November, Israel allowed 20,000 doses of the vaccine into Ramallah in advance of the Muslim Hajj pilgrimage.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: MoH: Pregnant woman, diabetic man die from H1N1

A pregnant Palestinian woman from Hebron and a man from Jenin died of the A/H1N1 virus in the West Bank, the Health Ministry announced Saturday, Xinhua reported.

Asad al-Ramlawi, an official from the ministry in the West Bank, said that the pregnant woman in her mid 30s and a man with diabetes from Jenin died in the hospital earlier on Saturday.

The latest deaths bring the number of Palestinians who died of the flu to nine, he said, adding that 1,170 people have been infected.

A pregnant Palestinian woman from Hebron and a man from Jenin died of the A/H1N1 virus in the West Bank.

Comment

Working...
    X