• Show
Clear All

Re: Continuing Attempts to Thwart FluTrackers

Originally posted by gsgs View Post
    I'm in the "mixin and her gang don't know" - category

they always want to make it looking like "we" would support
    their censorship policy, which I don't.
    Finally joined my gang, eh?

The "we" depends on what we are talking about. I think everyone agrees that hacking is a bad thing. Well, except for the hackers, maybe.

Poor Joseph...that's horrible to lose all your work.
    The salvage of human life ought to be placed above barter and exchange ~ Louis Harris, 1918

Comment

Joseph - All the best to you.

Mixin - I did not know that you and Gsgs were gang members!

Comment

Originally posted by Roehl_JC View Post
        Howdy one and all....on this matter let me begin by saying I was also personally hack-attacked, and my computer was wiped and all my work and research of the past 3 yrs is gone .......so I KNOW we are lucky to have this site and the work done is important, but as a poor man, I no longer can do much to help. I'll have to replace my computer, and otherwise am now using the 30 mins. free/ day at the local library to stay abreast of the changes here.

Best wishes, and Happy 2010,
        joseph
        Best wished to you also Roehl. I hope you will be back soon.

I can say that computer viruses are all over the vaccine availability links. Yesterday, there was one that was posted several times concerning an high school providing vaccine shots, always different links.

Since the beginning of the vaccine availability threads, I can not count how many warnings I received from my computer.
        "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
        -Nelson Mandela

Comment

I have used this site to clean up my computers one had a blue screen the managed to walk me thru the process. the link below has a lot of current info on active hackers.

FYI... Please do NOT visit the sites mentioned in the article! Russia: Opposition Websites and DDoS - http://asert.arbornetworks.com/2009/01/russia-opposition-websites-and-ddos/ January 6, 2009 - "WeÂ’re again seeing reports about political DDoS targets within Russia. This time we saw it mentioned in the blog post Russian Opposition Websites Shut Down By Attacks* from the blog The Other Russia. And again we have data to support the claims. The site www .grani .ru has come under attack from

Pandemic of the botnets 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI... Please do NOT visit the sites mentioned in the article!

Comment

Originally posted by sharon sanders View Post

Mixin - I did not know that you and Gsgs were gang members!
            Mixin: AKA Headless Veronica Ricci, gang leader in Facebook's mindless time-wasting, popular game, Mafia Wars. Gs hasn't (yet ) officially joined my gang.
            The salvage of human life ought to be placed above barter and exchange ~ Louis Harris, 1918

Comment

This should be our theme song regarding hackers:

Comment

The server company sends me one of these emails, usually daily, about the attempts to gain access into the server. The automated system sends an email after 5 failed attempts but there can be many more:

Subject: Large Number of Failed Login Attempts from IP (redacted)

5 failed login attempts to account flutrackers (system) -- Large number of attempts from this IP: (redacted)

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloh View Post
                  This should be our theme song regarding hackers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqk_...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by sharon sanders View Post
                    The server company sends me one of these emails, usually daily, about the attempts to gain access into the server. The automated system sends an email after 5 failed attempts but there can be many more:

Subject: Large Number of Failed Login Attempts from IP (redacted)

5 failed login attempts to account flutrackers (system) -- Large number of attempts from this IP: (redacted)
                    After 5 failed attempts the ip is blocked

Comment

maybe the attempts are only usual almost everyday worldwide "try it" automated hack-nerds attempts?
                      there are not sensitive infos here to drag grey forces

Originally posted by mixin View Post
                      Mixin: AKA Headless Veronica Ricci
                      so mixin is alias that Veronica (pretty face),
                      or it is another alias ...

Comment

Originally posted by tropical View Post
                        maybe the attempts are only usual almost everyday worldwide "try it" automated hack-nerds attempts?
                        there are not sensitive infos here to drag grey forces

so mixin is alias that Veronica (pretty face),
                        or it is another alias ...
                        Another: No pretty face, not even a head = Headless ( it was probably hacked ) Avtoritet level 333

Comment

We experienced another denial of service attack this morning.

At one point there were hundreds of requests per second hitting the server.

We have taken further actions to address this.

We will always come back online.

Evidently these people do not understand the spirit that keeps this site pertinent and online. Since we are all volunteers here, we participate with our hearts. This is a very tough thing to beat down.

I encourage those who are doing this to re-examine your priorities in life and to move on to a more productive venture. You will be known for your positive contributions to society that are not made at the expense of others.

Comment

Flutrackers has come under DNS attack again repeatedly today. The attack attempted to bypass server passwords and load an sql programme into the site.

They were not successful.

We cannot determine what the ultimate purpose of this attack was, however, we have been able to track a substantial proportion of these attacks to IP address 121.15.245.186 which appears to originate from Shanghai, China.

It is beyond our comprehension why any individual should wish to hamper our efforts, especially at a time of international crisis in Haiti. We are publishing in English, French, Italian. FT holds considerable information to assist aid and humanitarian efforts.

FT contains considerable useful information for doctors and authorities overseas where H1N1 flu outbreaks are occurring. For many doctors in less well informed and/or poorer or developing nations, FT is one of the few readily accessible sources of information that can be practically used to help save lives within the current pandemic.

We believe these attacks are most likely to originate from a rogue individual who is seeking to access data for personal gain. As such, we call upon the authorities in China to fully investigate this IP address and assist us in preventing these and future attacks.

We have also taken steps and measures to report these issues to all competent authorities both here in the US and overseas. To the individual or individuals concerned we repeat our request that these attacks are ceased immediately, and to advise you that these attacks are being traced at an international level and reported to relevant authorities for further action.

Your actions here could directly cost lives, and we advise you again in the strongest possible terms to stop these attacks immediately.

Thank you to the FT international members who have consulted on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sally Furniss View Post
                              After 5 failed attempts the ip is blocked
                              Unless I am mistaken (I just tried to log into the backup site and failed. Had to register.) the block is for 15 minutes.

Perhaps this can be set for three attempts and for 30 minutes.
                              Liam

Comment

It applies to attempts to break into the server and is not part of people accessing accounts on FT.

We are not currently accepting registration on the backup site during our building stage. The site is ready in an emergency and is fully operational.
                                Last edited by sharon sanders; January 27, 2010, 08:37 PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

Working...
                                X