Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autopsy finds pneumonia caused prisoner?s death in March 2011 - influenza confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autopsy finds pneumonia caused prisoner?s death in March 2011 - influenza confirmed

Maine's premier news source. With local news from across the state, opinion, obits, and political coverage, The Bangor Daily News brings Maine together.

Autopsy finds pneumonia caused prisoner’s death

WARREN, Maine — Pneumonia killed a prisoner at the Bolduc Correctional Facility, according to an autopsy performed Tuesday.

Ryan Allan Calor, 29, of Northfield was found dead in his cell during a morning count of prisoners at the Warren minimum security prison...more at link

(JimO Comment - 29-yo males don't just suddenly die of pneumonia on a regular basis, do they?)
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Autopsy finds pneumonia caused prisoner?s death

A year late, but flu essentially confirmed.

WARREN, Maine — A prison inmate in Warren likely died last year from the flu, a disease that most prisoners are not given vaccinations for, according to

Maine inmate likely died from the flu at infected prison, agency says
    By Heather Steeves, BDN Staff,
    and Dawn Gagnon, BDN Staff
    Posted April 05, 2012, at 12:54 p.m.
    Last modified April 05, 2012, at 7:43 p.m. WARREN, Maine — A prison inmate in Warren likely died last year from the flu, a disease that most prisoners are not given vaccinations for, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

A post on the agency’s website said Thursday that “on March 8, 2011, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention received a laboratory report of a positive influenza specimen from an intensive-care unit patient who was an inmate at a prison (facility A). That same day, the state medical examiner notified Maine CDC of an inmate death suspected to be have been caused by influenza at another, nearby prison (facility B).”

The prisoner who died was described as a “previously healthy” 29-year-old male who experienced an “onset of rapidly progressive respiratory symptoms on March 7 [2011].” The report indicated that he had never been vaccinated for the influenza. He died on March 8.

[snip]

Comment

Working...
    X