Karnataka: Influenza 2013, 19 fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karnataka: Influenza 2013, 19 fatalities

Murdeshwar: The first case H1N1 claiming a life came to light when a 27 year old woman died in Manipal Hospital. According to reports, Raymond Dee w/o Anthony died after she was admitted in the ICU ward of the Manipal Hospital.

The victim had just returned from Goa where she was working for nearly 6 or 7 months. After suffering from fever which didn't abate, she was admitted to the hospital where she died.

A high alert has gone up in the district's health department. According to reports, the family members of the deceased have been sent to Manipal for check up.

SahilOnline, Leading news portal from Coastal Karnataka, bringing you latest updates from the Coast, State, Nation and the World, in Kannada, Urdu and English

Re: Karnataka: H1N1 Claims First Life in Uttar Kannada

Swine flu detected in Bhatkal; Woman dies at Manipal

Sat, 02 Feb 2013 - 17:34:17Source: S.O. News Service, Posted by: I.G. Bhatkali

Bhatkal: The dangerous H1N1 flu kills its first patient this year in Bhatkal. The deceased is identified as Remandi D'Souza (27), a resident of Chandrahitlu in Kaikini gram Panchayat, limit near Murdeshwar.
    It is learnt that Remandi D'souza, wife of Anthony D'souza, was working in neighboring state Goa as a domestic help, about 6-7 months. At the initial stage, she was given normal treatment for fever, but when the fever raised to higher degrees, she was admitted in Manipal hospital in ICU under specialized supervision.

The treatment failed to cure Remandi and she took her last breathe due to Swine flu on Thursday night.
    SahilOnline, Leading news portal from Coastal Karnataka, bringing you latest updates from the Coast, State, Nation and the World, in Kannada, Urdu and English
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Woman dies of H1N1
      Bhatkal, Feb 1, 2013, DHNS:
      A woman died of H1N1 influenza at a private hospital in Manipal, Udupi district, Thursday evening.

Remandi Anthone D? Souza (27)...

The woman, who was pregnant with her third baby, passed away on Thursday.
      A woman died of H1N1 influenza at a private hospital in Manipal, Udupi district, Thursday evening.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

WATCH OUT
        Swine flu is back, but not as deadly
        People With Low Immunity Levels Need To Take Extra Precautions, Say Doctors
        Hetal Vyas | TNN

Bangalore: Influenza A (H1N1) or swine flu is back in Bangalore. The deadly virus which first surfaced in India in 2009, may not have claimed any life in the state so far this year, but the scale at which it is back has had warning bells ringing in the healthcare establishment.
        Do not panic, doctors say, because it is not necessary that every person contracting H1N1 will die. It is just that people with low-immunity levels must take extra precautions.
        The department of communicable diseases, health and family welfare, Karnataka, has in the first 42 days of 2013 (from January 1 to February
        11) recorded 31 positive cases of H1N1 across the state. Of these, 24 cases have been reported from the city (BBMP limits) alone.

Environment News, Reports, Government Documents, Court Cases, Policy Papers, Data, Statistics, presentations, reviews, Press releases, Opinions and Analysis & more from India and South Asia.

Comment

Re: Karnataka: Influenza 2013, 1 fatality

10 cases of swine flu suspects in Mangalore
          Mangalore, dhns:
          Ten persons have been suspected with swine flu in Mangalore.

Sources in the health department told Deccan Herald that the swabs of the 10 persons have been sent to KMC, Manipal and NICD in Delhi and the reports are awaited. The district had 21 cases of suspected swine flue.

Of which five were tested positive and six were tested negative.
          The illegal kidney transplant that came to light in Ramanagar district last week is not a stray incident. It is in effect an extension...

Comment

Re: Karnataka: Influenza 2013, 1 fatality

Swine flu takes a heavy toll
            NEW DELHI, March 28, 2013
            Karnataka 3 deaths and 51 cases

Comment

Re: Karnataka: Influenza 2013, 3 fatalities

Central Report released today records 55 cases & 5 fatalities to May 3rd. http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=95616

Comment

Re: Karnataka: Influenza 2013, 5 fatalities

Swine flu threat adds to worries
                By Mohammed Yacoob | ENS - BANGALORE 31st May 2013 08:23 AM
                After dengue, Swine flu or H1N1 flu is likely to raise its ugly head again in the state. Since January this year, five deaths and 906 cases of H1N1 were reported in the state and the number may go up if there is any variation in temperature.

Speaking to ?Express?, Health Director, Dr Dhanya Kumar said, ?Last year, 48 people succumbed to H1N1 out of 878 cases. This year, the situation is not alarming.?
                Explore the latest news, opinions, and features from New Indian Express. Stay informed with breaking news, in-depth coverage, and expert perspectives on various topics.

Comment

Re: Karnataka: Influenza 2013, 5 fatalities

Influenza A H1N1: laboratory confirmed Cases and Deaths: State/ UT-wise for 2013 (As on 26th July, 2013)

63 cases, 7 fatalities

Comment

Re: Karnataka: Influenza 2013, 7 fatalities

Unclear report - cases or deaths? - Ro

KARNATAKA
                    KOLHAPUR, August 1, 2013

Four cases of swine flu were reported in the last two days in Satara district. Uday Bhosale (45) from Pahaltan, Sanjay Pawar (25) from Mahabaleshwar, Jyoti Roy (20) from Wai, and Asha Jadhav (30) from Khokade village, died of the flu. ? Staff Correspondent

Comment

Re: Karnataka: Influenza 2013, 7 fatalities

Swine flu claims one victim in Bengaluru
                      DC | 5 hours 32 min ago

Bengaluru: The deadly H1N1 (swine flu) virus claimed one life late Friday night at the city-based Mallya Hospital. The deceased has been identified as Munithimmaiah (45), a BSNL employee from Yeshwantpur. He was admitted to this hospital five days back.
                      He was suffering from high fever, accompanied with multiple organ failure of kidney and heart. He was also a diabetic.
                      In 2013, the State Health Department has so far reported 80 positive cases of H1N1, with 10 deaths, of which two were from BBMP area.

Comment

Re: Karnataka: Influenza 2013, 10 fatalities

BANGALORE, September 25, 2013
                        Updated: September 25, 2013 08:53 IST
                        12 A(H1N1) deaths reported In Karnataka this year
                        AFSHAN YASMEEN

The panic over influenza A(H1N1) may have subsided but the virus is still in the air. As many as 12 deaths have been reported in the State from January till date. Although this number is much less compared with the 135 deaths reported during the first outbreak in 2009, doctors said it was important to take precautions.

According to an official statement released by the State Health and Family Welfare Department, 5,420 of the 29,990 samples have tested positive for the virus from 2009 till date. A total of 331 people have succumbed to the infection during this period. Of these, 12 deaths, including three in Bangalore, were reported this year (from January till date). Two deaths, including one from Bangalore, were reported in the last fortnight alone.

Comment

H1N1 cases up by over 2 times in a year in State

Reshma Ravishanker, Dec 23, 2014, DHNS:

Year-wise statistics of the State according to the Department of Health and Family Welfare: Year
                          2010 2011 2012 2013 2014

H1N1 positive cases 2552 108 878 122 297

H1N1 Deaths 120 16 48 19 33

Britain's cash-for-questions row today got murkier as it claimed the scalp of three peers who have been accused of agreeing to carry out Parliamentary work for money offered by undercover reporters.

Comment

Working...
                          X