Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamil Nadu H1N1 2013, 6 fatalities

Link to 2012 thread - http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=185002

Central released figures for Tamil Nadu Jan 1 - Feb 6th; 10 cases and 1 fatality
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Tamil Nadu H1N1 2013, 1 fatality

Swine flu takes a heavy toll
    NEW DELHI, March 28, 2013
    Tamil Nadu 2 deaths and 15 cases.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Tamil Nadu H1N1 2013, 2 fatalities

machine translated;

Prevention of Dengue disease severity in vetaranyam
      Registration date: Apr 12 | 05:24 pm
      Vetaranyam

Some of the symptoms of dengue fever were vetaranyam area. Vetaranyam disease prevention services in the municipal territory has been carried out actively.

Syndrome

Arukattutturai fishermen's village of vetaranyam Ganesan (age 65), Karthika (12), Siva (10) affected by the flu. They are symptoms of dengue fever. Now they Thanjavur, Nagai, Trichy receive treatment in hospitals anumatikkapttu. The blood samples were sent for testing for influenza A and is 7. Dengue fever continues to show signs of the disease, prevention measures vetaranyam Municipality and surrounding areas has intensified vetaranyam taciltar Ramkumar.

Advisory Meeting

This can be done in the areas of health vetaranyam development, environmental maintenance, disease prevention services consultation meeting was held in the office of the taluk vetaranyam. Ram Kumar presided over the meeting taciltar vetaranyam. In the village nattanmai arukattutturai SETHUPATHI, and was attended by municipal officials. Dengue symptoms of disease prevention services in areas தீவிரப்படுத்தப்பட்டுள்ளன arukattutturai. Drug mosquito spraying, cleaning of sewers, reservoirs and ponds maintenance staff to monitor such tasks cuntararajan regional medical officer.

Comment

Re: Tamil Nadu H1N1 2013, 2 fatalities

Central Report released today raised fatality toll to 3 on May 3rd. http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=95616

Comment

Re: Tamil Nadu H1N1 2013, 3 fatalities

TAMIL NADU

COIMBATORE, May 31, 2013
          Surveillance stepped up for A(H1N1)

R. SAIRAM

Eight cases reported in Coimbatore this year

In the backdrop of a confirmed case of A(H1N1) reported in the Nilgiris district, surveillance has been stepped up in Coimbatore.

Medical officers of all government health centres have been instructed to administer, along with their regular medication, oseltamivir tablets (Tamiflu) to all patients having fever or sore throat for more than three days.

Deputy Director of Public Health R. Damodharan told The Hindu here on Thursday that a majority of the cases reported in Coimbatore so far this year were ?imported? from other districts. Of the eight, only three persons were from Coimbatore - two from the Corporation limits and one from Pollachi. Of the remaining, two persons were from Tirupur, and one each from the Nilgiris, Thanjavur and Namakkal.

Comment

"Dengue fever, damage to the current year, 200 people
            Chennai. Nagar Head Post Office, pattuamca ..
            Registered Date: June 30,2013,00:27 IST
            January to June, 21 till date, swine flu confirmed, 25 people, three people had died, the health sector sources said.
            http://www.dinamalar.com/news_detail...E%B3%E0%AF%8D+)

Comment

CHENNAI, October 19, 2013
              Updated: October 19, 2013 00:57 IST
              Ten cases of swine flu in city, 1 dead

ALOYSIUS XAVIER LOPEZ

The influenza A (H1N1) virus, commonly known as swine flu, seems to have made an appearance in the city once again.

Last week, one death was reported in Tiruvottiyur due to the virus and over 10 cases have been confirmed by laboratories in various localities since then.

K. Kathirvel (58) a resident of Tiruvottiyur High Road, died on October 12 at 11.50 p.m. at a private hospital. Doctors confirmed his death was due to A (H1N1). Many residents in areas such as Kilpauk, Mylapore, Velachery and Taramani have been admitted to private hospitals with symptoms of the flu over the past two weeks.
              Apollo Hospital authorities said they had been receiving patients with symptoms of swine flu and recently, one of their patients, a 64-year-old man, died due to the flu.
              From January 1 up until September 15 this year, there have been 26 laboratory-confirmed cases of pandemic A (H1N1) influenza and three deaths in Tamil Nadu, according to the website of the Union health ministry.

(With inputs from R. Sujatha and Serena Josephine M.)

Comment

Re: Tamil Nadu H1N1 2013, 5 fatalities

H1N1 victim may have got infected in Salem

CHENNAI: It is that time of the year when doctors should begin testing patients with symptoms of H1N1 virus. This wasn't done in the case of Tiruvottiyur High Road resident K Kathirvel, which resulted in the first recorded death due to the virus in Chennai this year.

Kathirvel's family said he had gone to Salem on September 10 for a day. He returned with fever and body ache. "He has never gone to a hospital for anything but his diabetes check-ups," said his son Senthil Kumar, about the 65-year-old businessman who traded in cement and owned a petrol filling station.

It is that time of the year when doctors should begin testing patients with symptoms of H1N1 virus. This wasn’t done in the case of Tiruvottiyur High

Comment

Re: Tamil Nadu H1N1 2013, 5 fatalities

Two-year-old dies in Chennai after contracting H1N1

CHENNAI: A two-year-old girl died in Chennai after being infected by H1N1 virus on Sunday.

Tamil Nadu health department confirmed that she tested positive for the virus, but denied it was the cause of death.

The city recorded its first death due to H1N1 this year on October 12 when Kathirvel (65) died of respiratory infection. The latest case takes the number of reported H1N1 cases in the state to 24 this year.

Dharshini Senthil Kumaran from Kalpakkam was diagnosed with steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome, a form of kidney disease in August for which she was being treated in Dr Mehta Hospitals in Chennai. Dharshini was admitted on October 21 and discharged on October 29.

Comment

Working...
                  X