• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punjab, Chandigarh - Flu Reports 2014, 34 fatalities

Link to 2013 thread: http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=197495

Two more swine flu cases reported in state
    Vandana Singh , Hindustan Times Ludhiana, January 25, 2014
    First Published: 19:47 IST(25/1/2014) | Last Updated: 19:49 IST(25/1/2014)

Two swine flu cases were reported in Punjab on Saturday. While a woman (25) from Jalandhar was admitted to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, and another woman patient (26) from Hoshiarpur was admitted to Max Hospital, SAS Nagar.

With these two cases, number of swine flu cases in Punjab has reached four in January. Two other cases, both children, were reported from Muktsar and Barnala. One case was reported from Chandigarh this month.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Punjab, Chandigarh - Flu Reports 2014

First death from swine flu reported in state
    Vandana Singh, Hindustan Times Ludhiana, February 05, 2014
    First Published: 19:04 IST(5/2/2014) | Last Updated: 19:06 IST(5/2/2014)

A woman, in her 40s and a resident of Una in Himachal Pradesh, died of swine flu at Dayanand Medical College and Hospital here on Wednesday, making her the first victim of the disease in Punjab.

She was admitted to the hospital 10 days ago. Till now, eight cases of swine flu have been confirmed in Punjab, including two from other states.

State Integrated Disease Surveillance Project (IDSP) officer Dr Deepak Bhatia said this was the first death due to swine flu this year so far. As many as 20 tests have been conducted for swine flu till now.

Dr Bhatia said the wife of a swine flu patient from Jalandhar was also suffering from the disease and she had been admitted to DMCH, Ludhiana. He said medication of a patient's relatives was also necessary to avoid spread of this air-borne disease and all nodal officers in the districts had been asked to do so.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Man tests positive for swine flu
      TNN | Feb 24, 2014, 10.22 AM IST

LUDHIANA: A 37-year-old man from Mundian, who is admitted in CMC, tested positive for swine flu. Seven cases have been reported in the city so far. Three are from Ludhiana, two from another district and two from outside the state.
      A 37-year-old man from Mundian, who is admitted in CMC, tested positive for swine flu. Seven cases have been reported in the city so far.

Comment

2 confirmed case of swine flu in Ludhiana

LUDHIANA: 2 confirmed case of swine flu: Two confirmed cases of swine flu were reported in the city on Thursday. Two women from Ludhiana and Jalandhar have been admitted to Christian Medical College and Hospital and Dayanand Medical College and Hospital in Ludhiana. Till now, four cases of swine flu have been confirmed in city.

Comment

6 fatalities reported in Punjab to June 8th http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...te-to-over-20/

Comment

NEW DELHI, December 27, 2014
            Updated: December 27, 2014 00:58 IST
            Swine flu death toll 204 till November
            http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle6728753.ece
            SMRITI KAK RAMACHANDRAN

Punjab reported 56 cases and 30 deaths.

Comment

Posted at: Jan 3 2015 12:15AM
              Swine flu back: 216 deaths since last year; 34 in Punjab
              Aditi Tandon
              Tribune News Service
              New Delhi, January 2
              Government figures show that so far, since January last, there have been 902 laboratory confirmed cases of the fatal respiratory infection and 216 reported deaths of which 34 are from Punjab.
              http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/nat...jab/25608.html

Comment

Working...
              X