Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska reports 1 death in Week 47 - (no underlying health problems)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska reports 1 death in Week 47 - (no underlying health problems)

Source: http://www.epi.alaska.gov/id/influenza/influenza.jsp

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska Deaths.gif
Views:	2
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	664888
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Alaska reports 1 death in Week 47

Source: http://www.epi.alaska.gov/id/influenza/influenza.jsp

Click image for larger version

Name:	AK deaths.gif
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	651642
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: Alaska reports 1 death in Week 47

I cannot find a news article with any mention of a death from influenza. The death counts are not portrayed by geography in the state website. They are only released to the news media.

The confirmed ILI counts show show a new case of influenza B in the most populous area - Anchorage/Mat-Su.

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

Re: Alaska reports 1 death in Week 47 - (no underlying health problems)

Man's flu death brings total to 11

Anchorage Daily News

Published: December 5th, 2009 12:32 AM
        Last Modified: December 5th, 2009 12:33 AM

Alaska had its 11th reported flu death of the year last week. A middle-aged man from Kodiak died last Saturday at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage of complications from the flu, the state Health and Social Services Department reported Thursday.

It was most likely swine flu, but he wasn't tested for the specific type of flu, said health department spokesman Greg Wilkinson.

The state health department is not aware of any underlying health conditions that might have contributed to the man's death. In most other Alaska swine flu deaths, the victims did have other health problems.

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

Working...
        X