Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 95 fatalities

3 cases of swine flu in city, all PGI staffers

Three positive H1N1 Influenza A (Swine Flu) cases have been reported in the city in the past two weeks from the department of Cytology Gynae Pathology at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research.

According to officials of the UT Health department, all three cases are employees of the institute who work in the Cytology department.

Officials said that the first case was reported about two weeks back and the other two cases were reported from the same department within a gap of two days.

“While it is not known as to how the the first patient got the disease, the other two were infected due to close proximity,” said the Health department official. The first patient incidentally had no travel history in the recent past.

Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh H1N1 2013 - 2 fatalities

2012 thread - http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=185679

Swine flu threat looms over Patiala
    Ravinder Vasudeva, Hindustan Times
    Patiala, January 08, 2013

First Published: 14:54 IST(8/1/2013)
    Last Updated: 15:03 IST(8/1/2013)

The threat of Swine Flu has again resurfaced in Patiala with one patient from Kartapura village under Patran sub-division died on Sunday evening.
    The deceased Amrik Singh, 40, was admitted in Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh, and was referred here when his swap samples were confirmed for Swine Flu in Rajindra Medical College and Hospital in Patiala.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Punjab H1N1 2013 - 1 fatality

Punjab Newsline:
      Swine flu claims one life, 4 suspected cases admitted in Ludhiana hospitals

Tuesday, January, 08 2013 - 18:12

"Swine flu seems to have struck again in Punjab. One patient admitted to DMC Hospital in Ludhiana was confirmed to be afflicted with this disease while four other suspected cases were also under observation/ treatment in the city hospitals.

The officials of Integrated Disease Surveillance Project at Chandigarh said one patient confirmed to be a case of swine flu had died in Patiala district while 23 suspected cases were reported from different places in Punjab.

The officials said four patients had been confirmed to be suffering from swine flu. Two of them ? from Jalandhar and Patiala district, were under treatment at DMC Hospital in Ludhiana...".

"What information consumes is rather obvious: it consumes the attention of its recipients. Hence a wealth of information creates a poverty of attention, and a need to allocate that attention efficiently among the overabundance of information sources that might consume it." - Herbert Simon

"The benefits of education and of useful knowledge, generally diffused through a community, are essential to the preservation of a free government." - Sam Houston

Comment

Re: Punjab H1N1 2013 - 1 fatality

I'll put this story here for now although with details lacking, the second fatality may be from Punjab, Haryana or Chandigarh (UT). - Ro

Two die as swine flu resurfaces in Punjab, Haryana
        WEDNESDAY, 09 JANUARY 2013 19:34 NITINDRA BANDYOPADHYAY |

On one hand, the northern region is trying to cope up with constantly dipping temperature a ? silent killer looming large over Punjab and Haryana.

The threat of swine flu has resurfaced with two people losing their lives due to disease and 11 positive cases reported as on Tuesday according to officials of UT health department.

Amrik Singh, 40, from Patiala was referred to Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research from Patiala after he was diagnosed positive for H1N1 virus whereas another patient from Nabha has tested positive for same.
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh H1N1 2013 - 2 fatalities

Patiala swine flu patient dies in PGI

Thursday, January, 10 2013 - 15:49
          By Anjali Singh Deswal-

PATIALA: The swine flu patient who had been referred to PGI in Chandigarh from Rajindra Hospital in Patiala has died.

Kamalpreet, who was 40 years old, was admitted to Rajindra Hospital following cough, cold and high fever and other symptoms of swine flu. He hailed from Dashmesh Nagar locality in Patiala.

The two women who were admitted to hospital from Nabha and Rajpura due to swine flu are also said to be serious. Woman who belongs to Nabha is stated to be pregnant.

Comment

Re: Punjab: H1N1 2012, 3 fatalities

Motor vehicle trader dies of swine flu in Amritsar

TARN TARAN: A motor vehicle trader of Booh Hawelian village in Tarn Taran district died of swine flu in Amritsar on Thursday. Joga Singh, 26, was admitted in Guru Nanak Dev Hospital in the wee hours of Thursday and shifted to isolation ward after he tested H1N1 positive. District epidemiologist, civil hospital, Tarn Taran,. Swaranjit Singh Dhawan said the deceased had undertaken a business trip of Moga and other places about 10 days back and had not been feeling well after that. Initially, he had taken treatment at a private hospital in Amritsar.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh H1N1 2013 - 3 fatalities

Swine flu claims city?s first victim

Express news service : Chandigarh, Sat Jan 12 2013, 03:44 hrs

Swine flu claimed its first life in the city on Friday, with a patient from the city who was admitted to the PGIMER on Thursday succumbing to the disease.

According to officials, 29-year-old Seema, a resident of Pipliwalan town of Manimajra was first brought to GMSH, Sector 16 after she had already undergone treatment at some private clinic. However, after assessing her condition, doctors at GMSH referred her to PGIMER.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh H1N1 2013 - 4 fatalities

Two die due to swine flu in Chandigarh
                PTI | Jan 10, 2013, 19:15PM IST

Chandigarh: Swine flu has claimed two lives as more cases are pouring in the hospitals here, officials said.

While one patient Amrik Singh, hailing from Kartarpur in Punjab, died at the PGIMER here this week, another patient Bansi from Karnal in Haryana also succumbed to the disease at the hospital yesterday.
                News in Hindi(हिन्दी में समाचार), Hindi News(हिंदी समाचार): देश के सबसे विश्वसनीय अख़बार पर पढ़ें ताज़ा ख़बरें। पढ़ें देश, विदेश, बॉलीवुड, लाइफस्टाइल और राजनीती की ब्रेकिंग ख़बरें. Read Latest Hindi News, Breaking News at Dainik Bhaskar

Comment

Swine flu : 19 confirmed cases in Punjab; 7 in Ludhiana

Tuesday, January, 15 2013 - 11:48
                  LUDHIANA: The number of confirmed cases of swine flue in the state has reached 19. Out of these seven are admitted to DMC Hospital, CMC and Apollo Hospital in Ludhiana while the restare under treatment at Chandigarh and Patiala.

According to Dr Deepak Bhatia, Nodal Officer, Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme, 13 patients of swine flu were from different parts of Pujab while six others had been brought for treatment from other neighbouring states.

Comment

Two swine flu cases reported in Sangrur, Barnala

SANGRUR/BARNALA: Two cases of swine flu has come to light in adjoining Sangrur and Barnala districts pointing towards the spread of the deadly disease in Punjab' Malwa region.

Satish Kumar of Sunam Udham Singh Wala in Sangrur and Sukhdev Singh of village Kaleka in Barnala district have been reported as confirmed case of the flu. Satish Kumar is admitted at Ludhiana's DMC hospital while Sukhdev Singh is admitted at a private hospital in Patiala. Sangrur CMO Dr HS Bali confirmed that both the cases have been found to be swine flu positive cases.

Two cases of swine flu has come to light in adjoining Sangrur and Barnala districts pointing towards the spread of the deadly disease in Punjab’ Malwa

Comment

1 more dies of swine flu

Express news service : Chandigarh, Thu Jan 17 2013, 01:20 hrs

Swine flu claimed another victim on Wednesday at PGIMER, taking the total death toll in the city to six so far.

Sunderi Devi, a resident of Solan, was admitted to PGI recently and had tested positive with H1N1 virus and died of the disease Wednesday.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh H1N1 2013 - 6 fatalities

Swine flu continues to spread and take lives
                        Neel KamalNeel Kamal, TNN | Jan 17, 2013, 06.59 PM IST

.SANGRUR/BARNALA: Two patients suffering from swine flu in the adjoining districts of Sangrur and Barnala passed away in a span of a few hours. The demise of the two patients in a day has caused panic in the Malwa region of Punjab and it has pointing towards the spread of the deadly disease in the area.
                        Forty year old Satish Kumar of Sunam Udham Singh Wala in Sangrur passed away on Thursday morning while Sukhdev Singh of village Kaleka in Barnala district had passed away on Wednesday night. Both were confirmed cases of the flu. If Satish Kumar was admitted at Ludhiana' DMC hospital, Sukhdev Singh was admitted at a private hospital in Patiala. Sangrur CMO Dr. HS Bali confirmed that Satish and Sukhdev have died of swine flu.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh H1N1 2013 - 8 fatalities

6-month-old baby dies of swine flu
                          HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times
                          Chandigarh, January 19, 2013

First Published: 23:36 IST(19/1/2013)
                          Last Updated: 23:46 IST(19/1/2013)

A six-month-old baby from SAS Nagar succumbed to swine flu in Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Sector 32, here on Saturday.
                          The baby girl, Vrishti, was earlier taken to a private hospital from where she was referred to GMCH on Friday. She was on ventilator since she was admitted to the hospital. This is the second death due to swine flu in the tricity and first from SAS Nagar. According to the health department, the officials concerned in SAS Nagar have been asked to put the family of the baby girl on tamiflu.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh H1N1 2013 - 9 fatalities

10 succumbed to swine flu in Punjab this winter

STAFF WRITER 0:50 HRS IST

Jalandhar, Jan 22 (PTI)
                            "In this winter season ten people died due to swine flu in the state. Six of them were residents of Punjab while the remaining were from different states," state health official Deepak Bhatia said.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 10 fatalities

machine translated;
                              Swine flu death of a person, alerts (Haryana)

Jan 22, 2013, 09.00AM IST
                              News NBT. Hisar: Swine flu cases in the isolation ward of the Civil Hospital Health Department made Sirsa. Department spokesman Ctria village of Sirsa prince died of swine flu. Department prince's family and other people of the village Ctria Temi inquiry and flu tablets were given to 22 persons. Ctria team of doctors is constantly visited the village. Cough - cold-affected people are being investigated. He said the third time on Monday Ctria village visited by the team of doctors. All general hospitals, community health centers and primary health doctors have been instructed that they come into routine cough - cold, complaining of chest pain patients who take seriously.
                              स्वाइन फ्लू मामले में स्वास्थ्य विभाग ने सिरसा के सिविल अस्पताल में आइसोलेशन वॉर्ड बनाया है। विभाग के प्रवक्ता ने बताया कि सिरसा के छतरिया गांव के...

Doc tests positive for swine flu
                              Tribune News Service

Hisar, January 22
                              Last week, a villager from Chhatteria village in Sirsa district had died of Swine Flu in a private hospital in Hisar.
                              Last edited by Ronan Kelly; January 22, 2013, 06:03 PM. Reason: added second

Comment

Working...
                              X