Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA - Health officials confirm typhoid fever in Purdue cafeteria worker

Health officials confirm typhoid fever in Purdue cafeteria worker

State health officials have confirmed a positive case of typhoid fever at Purdue University.

?The first thing I thought of is, how did someone here at Purdue get typhoid fever? Where did that come from?,? said student Erica Rowles.

A case has been reported in one worker handling food inside the Boiler Bistro, the John Purdue Room and Lavazza coffee shop. All three places are under one roof and are run by students studying hospitality and tourism management.

?We stress if all the time,? said Rowles. ?There are signs everywhere saying, ?Be sure and wash your hands.? The signs even say how long to wash them, to use soap and water. That is really important to our industry, and it keeps everybody safe and not sick.?

The person recently traveled internationally and contracted the illness.
    State health officials have confirmed a positive case of typhoid fever at Purdue University. “The first thing I thought of is, how did someone here at Purdue get typhoid fever?  Where did tha…
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: USA - Health officials confirm typhoid fever in Purdue cafeteria worker

Purdue may have 2nd typhoid fever case

1:40 p.m. EST, February 6, 2013

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) ? Health officials on Purdue University's main campus in West Lafayette possibly have a second case of typhoid fever.

Purdue spokeswoman Jeanne Norberg tells WLFI-TV (http://bit.ly/YUBC4P ) the Purdue Student Health Center treated someone Wednesday complaining of mild symptoms. Lab results generally take three to five days to come back.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X