India Influenza 2013; 708 confirmed fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: India Influenza 2013; 361 fatalities

My current H1N1 fatality count for 2013; Click on State for detailed thread.

Rajasthan: 134
    Gujarat: 111
    Haryana: 39
    Punjab: 35
    Uttar Pradesh : 23
    Delhi : 16
    Maharashtra : 14
    Madhya Pradesh: 13
    Chandigarh : 5
    Himachal Pradesh : 4
    Andhra Pradesh and Uttarakhand : 2 each
    Jammu & Kashmir: 1 (and 1 flu B)
    Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Odisha : 1 each

Total: 402 H1N1, 1 B

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 12,500 and 18,100 actual deaths. Of course there are also other influenza types circulating, but statistics are not recorded.

Latest GISRS graph; http://gamapserver.who.int/gareports...spx?ReportNo=1 There can be a delay of several weeks in this data.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ind.png
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	660576
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 403 fatalities

A graphical representation of confirmed H1N1 fatalities in India so far this year in comparison to the first (Aug -Oct 2009), second (Nov 2009-Jan 2010) and third (July-Oct 2010) waves of the H1N1pdm09 pandemic. What is notable for this year so far is the confinement of the outbreak to northern India - Initially Rajasthan, Punjab & Haryana - now more recently Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh & Delhi. Very few cases from Maharashtra, Karnataka & the southern states. It remains to be seen as to whether a large monsoon wave will occur later in the year. Prophylactic immunization at this point might save lives later this year.

Name:	Rep 1.PNG
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	660577
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 403 fatalities

Activity seems to be decreasing in the Northern states, but remains high in Gujarat and appears to be increasing in Maharashtra. Confirmed H1N1 fatalities in 2013 have now exceeded the full year toll for 2012 (405).

Rajasthan: 144
        Gujarat: 132
        Punjab: 36
        Maharashtra : 23
        Delhi : 17
        Madhya Pradesh: 16
        Himachal Pradesh : 7
        Andhra Pradesh and Uttarakhand : 2 each
        Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Odisha : 1 each

Total: 450 H1N1, 1 B

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 14,000 and 20,300 actual deaths. Of course there are also other influenza types circulating, but statistics are not recorded.

Latest GISRS graph; http://gamapserver.who.int/gareports...spx?ReportNo=1 There can be a delay of several weeks in this data.

Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	660596

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 451 fatalities

Swine flu takes a heavy toll on Gujarat, Rajasthan

Gujarat and Rajasthan were worst hit by A H1N1 influenza this year, accounting for 150 and 138 deaths respectively. Health Ministry figures show that 469 deaths occurred and over 4,000 cases were reported all over the country between January 1 and March 24.

Punjab and Haryana reported 39 deaths each, Manipur and Maharashtra 26 each, and Madhya Pradesh and Delhi 16 each. In the national capital, there were 1,461 confirmed cases of A H1N1 influenza – the highest in the country so far – followed by 818 in Gujarat, 789 in Rajasthan, 437 in Haryana and 207 in Maharashtra.

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 451 fatalities

53 fatalities were reported during this week - mostly from Gujarat (23) and Maharashtra (17). An additional 26 presumably cumulative fatalities were reported from Manipur. This number itself is quite notable as from May 2009 to July 2011, Manipur reported only 2 confirmed H1N1 cases.

Gujarat: 155
            Rajasthan: 148
            Maharashtra : 40
            Punjab: 39
            Manipur : 26
            Madhya Pradesh: 19
            Karnataka : 3
            Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Uttarakhand : 2 each
            Odisha : 1

Total: 529 H1N1, 1 B

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 16,400 and 23,800 actual deaths. Of course there are also other influenza types circulating, but statistics are not recorded.

Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	660610

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 530 fatalities

20 fatalities were reported during this week - Gujarat (10), Maharashtra (4), Rajasthan (4) and Madhya Pradesh (2). Reports of activity seem to be declining, but could be being masked by the volume of reporting on the H7N9 situation in China. In contrast, GISRS data below suggests an increasing trend.

Gujarat: 165
              Rajasthan: 152
              Maharashtra : 44
              Madhya Pradesh: 21

Total: 549 H1N1, 1 B

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 17,000 and 24,700 actual deaths. Of course there are also other influenza types circulating, but statistics are not recorded.

Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	660637

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 550 fatalities

21 fatalities were reported during this week - Gujarat (17), Maharashtra (1), Rajasthan (2) and Madhya Pradesh (1). Reports of activity seem to be declining, but could be being masked by the volume of reporting on the H7N9 situation in China. A confirmed case of H1N1 was reported from West Bengal - the first in three years. The GISRS data below suggests an increasing trend.

Gujarat: 182
                Rajasthan: 154
                Maharashtra : 45
                Madhya Pradesh: 22

Total: 570 H1N1, 1 B

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 17,700 and 25,700 actual deaths. Of course there are also other influenza types circulating, but statistics are not recorded.

The United Nations agency working to promote health, keep the world safe and serve the vulnerable.

Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	660669

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 571 fatalities

12 fatalities were reported during this week - Gujarat (3), Maharashtra (3), Rajasthan (2) and Madhya Pradesh (4). Reports of activity seem to be declining, but could be being masked by the volume of reporting on the H7N9 situation in China. Further cases of H1N1 were reported from West Bengal. The only state actively releasing influenza data on the internet is Rajasthan which means that data is mostly reliant on news reports. The GISRS data below suggests a decreasing trend.

Gujarat: 185
                  Rajasthan: 156
                  Maharashtra : 48
                  Madhya Pradesh: 26

Total: 582 H1N1, 1 B

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 18,000 and 26,000 actual deaths. Of course there are also other influenza types circulating, but statistics are not recorded.

Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	660688

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 583 fatalities

12 fatalities were reported during this week - Gujarat (4), Maharashtra (7), and Madhya Pradesh (1). Reports of activity seem to be declining, except, perhaps, in Maharashtra. Chhattisgarh reported its first case of the year. The GISRS data below suggests a decreasing trend.

Gujarat: 189
                    Rajasthan: 156
                    Maharashtra : 55
                    Madhya Pradesh: 27

Total: 594 H1N1, 1 B

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 18,000 and 27,000 actual deaths. Of course there are also other influenza types circulating, but statistics are not recorded.

Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	660705

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 595 fatalities

Absent any form of national or state generated influenza surveillance data, media reports are the main source of information. 5 fatalities were reported during this week - Gujarat (1), Maharashtra (1), Chhattisgarh (1), Rajasthan (1) and Madhya Pradesh (1). All indications are that activity is declining. Chhattisgarh reported its first fatality of the year. The GISRS data below suggests a decreasing trend. Unless something unusual happens, I will not update this thread until the beginning of the Monsoon wave in about ten weeks time. I will continue to update the individual state threads as needed.

Gujarat: 190
                      Rajasthan: 157
                      Maharashtra : 56
                      Madhya Pradesh: 28
                      Odisha and Chhattisgarh : 1 each

Total: 599 H1N1, 1 B

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 18,600 and 27,000 actual H1N1 deaths. In addition, H1N1 deaths are just a fraction of total influenza deaths.

Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	660734

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 600 fatalities

The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare provided an update today -

Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	660739

Name:	Ind2.PNG
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	660740

Compared to our totals - Gujarat up 4, Rajasthan 6 less (but I'm using state figures), Maharashtra 22 more, Haryana +1, Punjab +2, Madhya Pradesh -1 (new fatality May 5th), Manipur -26 (and I am not convinced now that the single news report is correct), Uttar Pradesh -16 (mostly due to lack of confirming tests being applied), Delhi -1, Himachal -7 (but we have multiple confirming reports), Karnataka +2, Andhra Pradesh +2, Tamil Nadu +1, Uttarakhand -2 (we have multiple reports of 2 fatalities), Jammu & Kashmir +1, Odisha -1, (we have official confirmation of 1), Chhattisgarh -1(fatality April 30th not included in Central report). Incorporating some of this below:

Gujarat: 194
                        Rajasthan: 157
                        Maharashtra : 79
                        Punjab: 42
                        Haryana: 41
                        Madhya Pradesh: 29
                        Karnataka : 5
                        Andhra Pradesh: 4
                        Tamil Nadu: 3
                        Jammu & Kashmir: 2 (and 1 flu B)
                        Uttarakhand : 2
                        Odisha and Chhattisgarh : 1 each

Total: 611 H1N1, 1 B

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 18,900 and 27,500 actual H1N1 deaths. In addition, H1N1 deaths are just a fraction of total influenza deaths.

Name:	Rep 1.PNG
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	660741

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 612 fatalities

I cannot as yet locate the report referred to in the article below;
                          Delhi has highest swine flu cases, Gujarat records maximum deaths
                          PTI | Jun 16, 2013, 04.08 PM IST

NEW DELHI: Delhi has had the highest number of swine flu patients this year while Gujarat has seen maximum deaths due to the disease among the states, according to official statistics.

According to health ministry, a total of 4,811 cases were reported in the country this year till June five with Delhi topping the list with 1,506 cases.
                          A total of 597 people have died due to the deadly disease, a senior Health Ministry official said.

Gujarat: 194
                          Rajasthan: 162
                          Maharashtra : 83
                          Punjab: 42
                          Haryana: 41
                          Madhya Pradesh: 29
                          Uttar Pradesh : 24
                          Karnataka : 5
                          Andhra Pradesh: 4
                          Tamil Nadu: 3
                          Jammu & Kashmir: 2 (and 1 flu B)
                          Uttarakhand : 2
                          Odisha, Kerala and Chhattisgarh : 1 each

Total: 622 H1N1, 1 B

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 19,000 and 28,000 actual H1N1 deaths. In addition, H1N1 deaths are just a fraction of total influenza deaths.

Name:	Ind.PNG
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	660821

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 623 fatalities

Delhi has highest swine flu cases, Gujarat records maximum deaths
                            By PTI | 28 Jun, 2013, 11.27PM IST

NEW DELHI: Delhi has had the highest number of swine flu patients this year while Gujarat has seen maximum deaths due to the disease among the states, according to official statistics.

According to Health Ministry, a total of 4,825 cases were reported in the country this year til June 25
                            A total of 600 people have died due to the deadly disease, a senior Health Ministry official said.
                            Delhi has had the highest number of swine flu patients this year while Gujarat has seen maximum deaths due to the disease among the states, according to official statistics.

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 625 fatalities

610 died of Swine flu in India in 2013
                              29 July, 2013 | 15:45

Over 4500 Swine flu cases detected in India in 2013.
                              610 people have died of Swine Flu in India in first seven months of 2013.

New Delhi, July 29/Nationalturk – At least 610 people have died and over 4500 infected of swine flu (H1N1 virus) in India in first seven months of 2013.

An official spokesman said 610 people died of H1N1 virus (Swine flu) in India from January 1, 2013 to July 26, 2013.

Giving details, he said, most 196 deaths were reported in Indian State of Gujarat. “Gujarat was followed by Rajasthan with 163 deaths. 90 deaths were reported in Maharasthra, 42 in Punjab, 41 in Haryana, 31 in Madhya Pradesh and 16 in Indian capital New Delhi”.

The spokesman said overall 4848 cases of Swine flu were detected in the country in first seven months. “1507 cases were detected in New Delhi followed by 1031 in Gujarat, 852 in Rajasthan, 448 in Haryana, 413 in Maharasthra, 183 in Punjab and 74 in India’s most populous State of Uttar Pradesh”.

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 625 fatalities

Influenza A H1N1: laboratory confirmed Cases and Deaths: State/ UT-wise for 2013 (As on 26th July, 2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X