• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oman Reports total 6 deaths

Source: http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Dis...9082314345.xml

Pregnant Kuwaiti woman dies of swine flu; Oman reports 4th death
    Web posted at: 8/23/2009 1:43:45
    Source ::: AFP

Kuwait City: A pregnant Kuwaiti woman has died of swine flu in the Gulf emirate, while Oman recorded its fourth death, the health ministries of both countries said yesterday.

The Kuwaiti woman, who was in her twenties and in her eighth month of pregnancy, was admitted to hospital on August 12 with severe inflammation of her respiratory system, the official KUNA news agency reported, citing ministry spokesman Youssef Al Nessf.

She underwent a caesarian procedure the following day to deliver the child, but died. It was not clear whether the baby survived.

This is the second death from swine flu in Kuwait, where 1,072 cases of the A(H1N1) virus have been detected, according to KUNA.

Meanwhile, a 70-year-old Omani woman died despite being given medication, the health ministry said.

The virus has affected all countries of the Gulf region, with deaths also recorded in Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

Saudi Arabia, with 16 fatalities, has stepped up surveillance and treatment activities with the start of the holy month of Ramadan, when hundreds of thousands of foreign Muslims normally arrive to undertake the umrah minor pilgrimage to Makkah.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Oman Reports 4th & 5th Deaths

Source: http://www.isria.com/pages/23_August_2009_72.php

23 August 2009 - 10:34 PM GMT

Oman - 5th 'H1N1' Death Case in Sultanate

The A 'H1N1' disease Management and Follow up Committee today announced the 5th death case of an elderly Omani woman with 'H1N1' disease, who suffered from the pneumonia. Due to her late arrival in the health institution, she didn't respond to medications and ultimately died.

The Health Ministry calls upon citizens and residents to visit the nearest health institution to attend medical check up, in case they feel any suspected symptoms of the disease. It also urged all to maintain cleanliness to ensure their safety, as well as, others' safety by using tissues on coughing, sneezing, always wash hands with soap and water and not to rub eyes or nose with unwashed hands.

Comment

Re: Oman Reports total 6 deaths

Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...n1h-L-qU9QHEYw

Oman records sixth death from swine flu

(AFP) ? 16 minutes ago

MUSCAT ? The Gulf sultanate of Oman has recorded its sixth death from swine flu, a 23-year-old woman who was already ill, the health ministry said in a statement on Tuesday.

The victim of the A(H1N1) virus died despite receiving treatment for the disease, the ministry said.

Oman, where the latest statistics show 763 swine flu infections, has decided to postpone from August 29 to September 26 (EDS: correct) the start of the new academic year in all public schools in an effort to combat the spread of the disease.

On Monday Kuwait recorded its third swine flu fatality. The emirate has registered 1,100 cases and the authorities there are under pressure to postpone the "back to school" date.

Elsewhere in the Gulf, there have been 16 swine flu-attributed deaths in Saudi Arabia and one in the United Arab Emirates.

Comment

Working...
      X