Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlan County Schools closed remainder of week

Click on a column title to sort
    <table id="GridView1" style="border: 1px none White; width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse; font-size: 8pt; font-family: verdana; color: rgb(0, 88, 0);" align="Center" border="1" rules="all" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr style="color: White; background-color: rgb(0, 88, 0); font-weight: bold;"> <th scope="col">ORGANIZATION</th><th scope="col">STATUS</th><th scope="col">BEGIN DATE</th><th scope="col">EFFECTIVE THROUGH</th> </tr><tr style="background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238);"> <td style="font-weight: bold;">Harlan County Schools - KY</td><td style="font-style: normal;">Closed for Remainder of Week</td><td>10/6/2009</td><td>10/9/2009</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

This is all the information I could find.
    "In the beginning of change, the patriot is a scarce man (or woman https://flutrackers.com/forum/core/i...ilies/wink.png), and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for it then costs nothing to be a patriot."- Mark TwainReason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. -Thomas Paine

Re: Harlan County Schools closed remainder of week

Attention School, Business, Church or other Administrators:
    If you would like to setup your school, business, church or other organization for access to post your own closings and delays to this site as well as on air, please call 865-637-NEWS (6397) to register. (NOTE: Only the School and Business Closings will display on-air and on this site).

Once registered your organization administrator can post closings and delays through our closings website, or through our automated phone system. All postings are live on this website are available within one minute of posting

Comment

Sally

I cannot find anything in the local new sites nor the school web pages. Saly did find a forum where parents of Harlan County schoolchildren are reporting lots of illness in the schools and packed ER.

No School Monday?

The last few posts out of 72 ... (NOTE: posts aren't verified)

<table class="post_table" style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="authorbox anonymous"> All wallins parents
      United States
      </td> <td class="postbox" valign="top"> Reply ?
      |
      Report Abuse |
      Judge it! |
      #69 11 hrs ago

There is a kindergarden student that has H1N1 in wallins school.My child and neice was exposed though girl scouts 1 is in 3rd and 1 is in 2nd.We are keeping them home, but they have not had any of the symptoms.The school said they do not know anything about it, but The little girl is in the hospital .Lets all pray for her.I called the super attendent and ask him what are there plans if there is a out break and he said they are keeping the school clean and sending kids home that have fevers. That is not good enough for me that is why I am keeping mine home.A child can have it for 2 days before having any symptons and spred it to other children before the onset of a fever,headache and stomach problems occur they need to be taken to the er as soon as possiable. Have them tested, type A is most likey the H1N1.Type B is the reg.. flu I pray for all our children. This H1n1 is not something we as parents should take lightly heathy children are dying from this.Please take your child's temperture often and ask them is there throat is sore or if they are having the ruins.I hope and pray this passes by quickly and we don't lose a child.WASH YOUR HANDS bleach everything in your home and take care.God bless

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="authorbox anonymous"> hmmmm
      |
      Report Abuse |
      Judge it! |
      #70 9 hrs ago

NO SCHOOL FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK FOR HARLAN COUNTY SCHOOL System

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="authorbox anonymous"> eminem
      Stanton, KY
      |
      Report Abuse |
      Judge it! |
      #71 6 hrs ago

I for one am glad they finally called it off. My children go to the HS and they've been way too sick to go to school. When they miss school in high school, it's really hard to catch up with their work.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="authorbox anonymous"> Johnny
      |
      Report Abuse |
      Judge it! |
      #72 4 hrs ago

Judged:

Yes i took my daughter to knoxville today. Guess what? She does have Swine Flu and they said the doctors knew it. Thats why they gave her the Tablets. Please parents take your kids to another hospital out of Harlan. I did raise a stink and i think i might have helped get the schools to shut down and clean the buildinds. God bless the kids and all of you

</td></tr></tbody></table>
      "In the beginning of change, the patriot is a scarce man (or woman https://flutrackers.com/forum/core/i...ilies/wink.png), and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for it then costs nothing to be a patriot."- Mark TwainReason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. -Thomas Paine

Comment

I contacted the Harlan County school district office. The operator confirmed the schools are closed for the rest of the week .

Nothing in the local papers or school district web site

Comment

Working...
        X