Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1N1 claims two lives in N Cape

H1N1 claims two lives in N Cape July 08 2011 , 6:45:00

The Northern Cape Health Department says H1N1 influenza has claimed two lives and two others are critically ill in the Kimberley Medi-clinic Intensive Care Unit. The department says there are eight confirmed cases of the H1N1 virus in the province.
    Kimberley Medi-Clinic's Henry Hendricks confirms that they have admitted five patients suspected of having H1N1 virus with four confirmed cases. The provincial Health Department has been running a vaccination campaign against the virus since January.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: H1N1 claims two lives in N Cape

Jul 12 2011 8:12AM
    Flu claims 2 lives

Ishmael Modiba

Denise Coetzee client service manager at the Medi- Clinic confirmed yesterday a 52-year-old woman from Kimberley was one of the patients being treated at the Kimberley Medi-Clinic but she died on Tuesday night. Another patient, Magrieta van den Heever, 80, died on Friday.

Van den Heever from Delportshoop was admitted last week and her condition deteriorated on Thursday night. ?We have another suspected H1N1 patient from Pretoria,? she said.

She said yesterday that a two-year old boy from Hartswater was still in a critical condition in intensive care, while a 67-year-old man?s condition had improved.
    The New Age newspaper was a South African national daily newspaper, owned and operated by TNA Media (Pty) Ltd. TNA Media was established in June 2010 and the
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X