DR Congo Malaria 2013 - 160 fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Congo Malaria 2013 - 160 fatalities

Kasai-Oriental: more than 160 people have died of malaria since the beginning of the year
    published 20 hours ago, 37 minutes | Last update February 11, 2013 at 3:43 |

More eighty-nine thousand cases of malaria with one hundred and sixty to six deaths were recorded in the province of Kasai Oriental since the beginning of this year. In a statement released last weekend, the provincial Ministry of Health asked the inhabitants of the province to take measures to protect against this disease, including recommending the use of ITNs.
    To believe the Minister of Health, Joseph Kalombo, this figure is "far superior" to that recorded usually this time of year. But he said he was not able to explain the specific reasons for the sudden rise in malaria cases.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: DR Congo Malaria 2013 - 160 fatalities

DRC: Malaria has killed 21,000 people in 2012
    September 13, 2013, | Last update September 13, 2013 at 8:21 |

Malaria has 21,000 deaths in 2012 in the DRC. The medical director of the National Programme for the Fight against Malaria (NMCP), Dr. Johisse Losimba, announced, Friday, Sept. 13, at the end of a workshop in Kinshasa.
    " Malaria is a major public health problem with more than 9 million cases and more than 21 000 deaths recorded by the health services in 2012 , "he has said, in the presence of provincial ministers Health across the country. The doctor said that these figures only represent data collected by health services. " This means that the reality is close to four times the data that I have to move forward , "said he said.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X