X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuevo Leon rise in respiratory diseases

Spanish to English translation

Nuevo Leon rise in respiratory diseases
    Ministry of Health calls exercise caution with the low temperatures that have occurred in recent days, children and older adults are more likely to get sick.

12.01.2011 ? The Issue

Health centers have been busiest Leon in recent days due to respiratory diseases. Photo: Millennium Tv
    In a month, attended Leon 25,548 cases of respiratory diseases, because until 26 October, the secretariat had reported 751 cases only 197 000 in the city.

The cases of these diseases have affected mainly children and elderly and Jesus Alejandro, 9 months old, is part of the statistics of the authorities.

"Look, is ill with bronchitis and pneumonia, the doctor told me I had to take care and warmth very well, I have to worry about hygiene and give and give her medicine chest," said Maria Alejandra Cervantes, mother of the baby.

In the same situation is the son of Ana Laura Gonzalez, who attended the Hospital for a final review of your child.

"I have to try to have it more carefully and you will not get much air so do not get sick boy, gave him pneumonia or bronchitis, also had fever and was cured by God, now they do not go out much, do not let go, the more I cover and I particularly care, "he said.

The state Health Department reported more than one million visits per respiratory infections in health units that are in the state.

Dependence figures detail that have been filed in Leon 223,299 cases of respiratory illness, followed by 79 000 Irapuato and Celaya finally with about 57 000.

Given the low temperatures, the Ministry of Health advised the public to attend the nearest health unit in case of symptoms of respiratory infections.

In addition, caring for feeding children and the elderly people. And the mothers are already present this advice to avoid any serious consequences.

"For infants, little ones, (recommended) to not remove the air and bring them all day tapaditos and give them their orange or tangerine juguitos to guava to protect it a little cold with vitamin C, which right now sick more than flu, "said Valadez Catalina Becerra.

Regional Hospital workers have indeed detected the increase in mothers who bring their children to respiratory disease consultation, however, the influx is lower than in previous years.

The Ministry of Health called for extreme caution due to low temperatures, mainly during the mornings and evenings, to avoid getting sick.

Severe cases of respiratory infections can be fatal, as in adults than in children pneumonic complications that might arise.

Therefore, the recommendations are from drinking plenty of fluids, eat fruits and do not stop feeding for any reason and at avoiding self-medication.

It invites no contact with people with colds and maintain good ventilation at home.

Finally, when preparing food, you should not cook with wood, oil or laborers indoors and wash your hands constantly throughout the day, before preparing or eating food and using alcohol gel.

Keys

Recommendations

? In Leon there have been 223 000 299 cases of respiratory illness until 26 October.

? The Health Department advises precautions against the cold temperatures have been recorded in recent days.

? The recommendations suggest drinking plenty of fluids, eat fruit and do not stop eating. We also have to avoid self-medication. If you have symptoms of respiratory illness, you must go to the nearest health center.
Working...
X