Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Afghan public health ministry reports 11 swine flu deaths, hundreds of troops battling virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afghan public health ministry reports 11 swine flu deaths, hundreds of troops battling virus

Source: http://blog.taragana.com/health/2009...g-virus-15282/

Afghan public health ministry reports 11 swine flu deaths, hundreds of troops battling virus
    By AP
    November 9th, 2009

KABUL ? Swine flu has left 11 people dead in Afghanistan, where hundreds of Afghan and international troops are battling the disease and facing a rising militant insurgency.

The Afghan Ministry of Public Health reported Monday that 710 of the 779 cases of the flu in the nation have been among military personnel.

Public Health Minister Dr. Mohammad Amin Fatemi says 320 foreign troops deployed in Afghanistan and 390 Afghan National Army soldiers have the flu. An Afghan soldier is among the 11 Afghans who have died.

Earlier this month, the government closed schools and universities for three weeks. It advised anyone with a fever to stay home from work and those with mild symptoms to wear a mask in public places.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X