Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nepal: 150 taken ill due to respiratory infection, reports of fatalities in Bhiee , Dhanaikot, Mugu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nepal: 150 taken ill due to respiratory infection, reports of fatalities in Bhiee , Dhanaikot, Mugu

150 taken ill due to common cold, fever

MUGU, DEC 19 -

More than 150 people have been taken ill due to an outbreak of common cold and fever at Dhainkot VDC in the district for the past one week. Thirty-five of the victims are seriously ill, said a villager.

The District Public Health Office (DPHO) confirmed outbreak of the diseases in the village, which is about 67 kilometres from district headquarters Gamgadhi.

?We are informed of the outbreak in the village but the reported deaths due to the cold is just a rumour,? said Dr Ran Bahadur Bogati, acting chief at the DPHO.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Nepal: 150 taken ill due to common cold, fever

Medical team tackling mysterious disease in Mugu
    Added At: 2013-12-25 10:34 PM Last Updated At: 2013-12-25 10:34 PM

HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE
    KATHMANDU: A medical team has been providing services to patients who have been suffering from a mysterious disease in Bhiee and Dhanaikot of Mugu.

A cough and cold outbreak had assumed massive proportions in Bhiee and Dhanaikot. The situation of Bhiee is under control and the medical team is treating patients in Dhanaikot.

Dr Baburam Marasini, Director, Epidemiology and Disease Control Division, said, ?The locals are getting medical support not only for the disease but for other problems.?

A total of six deaths have been reported in Dhanaikot from October 18 to December 8. The deaths had occurred due to chronic respiratory problems.
    One of the patients was 42 years old and the others were above sixty.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Nepal: 150 taken ill due to common cold, fever

Situation under control: EDCD

MYSTERIOUS ILLNESS
      Added At: 2013-12-23 11:39 PM Last Updated At: 2013-12-23 11:39 PM

HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE
      KATHMANDU: The situation of Bhiee VDC, which had been afflicted by a mysterious disease, is under control and a medical team is also providing service in Dhanaikot VDC of Mugu district.

Fifteen people have died from December 4 to 15 due to the disease characterised by an outbreak of cough and cold in Bhiee and Dhanaikot.

Dr Baburam Marasini, Director, Epidemiology and Disease Control Division, said, ?The situation of Bhiee is under control and we will get the report from Dhanaikot by tomorrow.?

A medical team of four, one doctor and three health workers has been deployed to Mugu.

Comment

Working...
      X