• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmore County woman dies after getting swine flu

Source: http://www.ktvb.com/news/Elmore-Coun...-69910072.html

Elmore County woman dies after getting swine flu
    by KTVB
    Posted on November 12, 2009 at 4:09 PM

BOISE -- Health officials say the H1N1 (swine) flu virus has contributed to the death of an Elmore County woman in her 30s who had underlying medical conditions. This is the first confirmed death associated with the virus in Elmore County and for the Central District Health Department.

?Our hearts go out to the family and loved ones of this woman,? said Nikki Sakata, Program Manager of the CDHD Communicable Disease Control division. ?This death is a sobering reminder that influenza is serious, especially for those who have underlying medical conditions.?

So far, 742 Idahoans have lab confirmed infections from the H1N1 fu virus since Sept. 1. Public health officials believe a far larger number of people have become infected with the virus, but have not been tested.

Symptoms of H1N1 influenza are similar to seasonal flu and include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue, with some reports of diarrhea and vomiting. Most infected individuals recover well with rest at home, but some people remain at higher risk of serious effects of influenza infection.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X