Young woman in ICU/ ventilator, no undelying ilnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young woman in ICU/ ventilator, no undelying ilnesses

A young danish woman, infected with H1N1 is VERY sick and in ICU/ ventilator, she was no undelying ilnesses according to the doctor who is caring for her.

No info where she was infected.
    She is from Svendborg, Fyn.

En kvinde, der ligger indlagt i isolation og i respirator på Svendborg Sygehus, er angiveligt det hidtil hårdest ramte tilfælde af influenza H1N1 i Danmark.

Fynsk kvinde med H1N1 i respirator
    15. jul. 2009 11.09 Indland
    En yngre kvinde ligger i respirator på Svendborg Sygehus smittet med influenza H1N1 - tidligere kendt som svineinfluenza. Det oplyser Fyns Amts Avis.

Overlæge, Morten Sodemann, fra Infektionsmedicinsk Afdeling på Odense Universitetshospital, som Svendborg Sygehus hører under, bekræfter oplysningen.

Svært syg, men stabil
    Angiveligt er kvinden den person herhjemme, som hidtil er hårdest ramt af den omtalte influenza.

- Hun er indlagt på intensivafdelingen. Hendes tilstand er stabil, men hun er svært syg, siger Morten Sodemann til avisen.

Kvinden, der ligger i isolation, lider ifølge Morten Sodemann ikke af andre sygdomme eller af nedsat immunforsvar, der kan gøre hende ekstra sårbar over for H1N1.

Generelt kendetegner det virusset, at den rammer yngre mennesker, der ikke har mødt det tidligere, og at det er lidt hårdere ved lungerne end almindelig influenza.

Foreløbig har 73 danskere været smittet med H1N1.

Re: Young woman in ICU/ ventilator, no undelying ilnesses

caution, google translated

Woman with H1N1 already ill

- Wednesday, 15 July 2009,

A young woman who is hospitalized in isolation and in respirator at Svendborg Hospital because she was infected with influenza H1N1, was sick in advance.

The young woman who is in respirator at Svendborg Hospital with influenza type H1N1, was sick in advance.

It informs DR Fyn.

- She was in what we would call risk. I will not say what she failed, but she is one of them, we would vaccinate if we had the vaccine now, "says senior consultant Morten Sodemann from Odense University Hospital for a TV series.

For the sake of the woman's family Consultant will not deepen the woman suffered from disease in advance.

People with particular reduced lung capacity, impaired immune systems, some forms of diabetes and certain cardiovascular diseases may have increased risk of developing the disease, formerly known as swine flu.

Earlier Wednesday could Fyns Amts Avis indicate that the woman's condition is stable. But according to Morten Sodemann she "severe illness".

According to the latest statements are Danes the past months 73 have been infected with H1N1.

?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
    Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

I would like to point out that ALL newsreports first quoted the doctor, Morten Sodemann, who is taking care of her, stressing that she had NO underlying illnesses whatsoever.
      Now in updated newsreports she one of a sudden have underlying illnesses.

Somthing to think about IMO.

Comment

I just talked to the journalist who provided the original newsreport (local newspaper in Svendborg area) about the young woman infected by H1N1 and on ventilator at Svendborg hospital.

The journalist personaly interviewed doctor Morten Sodemann yesterday and she asked him specificaly if the patient had any underlying illnesses or weak immune system that made her more vunerable to the H1N1 and Morten Sodemann, without doubt answered NO!.

The seriously sick woman is about 30 years old and have been in hospital for about 1 week, and she has been on ventilator all the time.

The reason why this came out in the media, was because a relative to a friend of the sick woman called the local paper and told the journalist about the serious case.
        The journalst called the hospital and interviewd the doctor.
        SO, health authorities did not, by themselves, share this serious case with the public!
        Furthermore the danish Statens Serum Institut claim that they did not know about this case because they have changed their rules for H1N1 repporting, so since June 7th 2009, hospitals are no longer obligated to report H1N1 cases to the SSI.
        SSI´s lab will only, at som later time, recive repport about H1N1 cases from the differnt hospitals labs, and then check for possible mutations.

SO, WHY there came update a cupple of houres later today saying the young woman HAS underlying illness, is still a mystery to me.

I can´t help wondering; Was the doctor "adviced", from higher up, to change his statment to keep the danish people calm? IF that is the case we have a VERY serious problem IMO.

Here is the original newsreport:

Kvinde alvorligt syg med influenza A

Af Line Weldingh
        En yngre kvinde fra Sydfyn ligger i respirator på Svendborg Sygehus med influenza A (H1N1)
        SVENDBORG: En yngre kvinde ligger i respirator på Svendborg Sygehus, efter at hun er blevet smittet med influenza A (H1N1), der tidligere var kendt som svineinfluenza.
        Det oplyser Morten Sodemann, der er overlæge på Infektionsmedicinsk Afdeling på Odense Universitetshospital, hvorunder Svednborg Sygehus hører.

Noget tyder på, at den sydfynske kvinde er den herhjemme, som hidtil er hårdest ramt af den meget omtalte influenza.
        - Hun er indlagt på intensivafdelingen. Hendes tilstand er stabil, men hun er svært syg, siger Morten Sodemann.

Kvinden, der ligger i isolation, *lider ifølge Morten Sodemann ikke af andre sygdomme eller af nedsat immunforsvar, der kan gøre hende ekstra sårbar over for influenza A (H1N1).
        Men virussens generelle kendetegn er at den rammer yngre mennesker, der ikke har mødt den tidligere, og at den er lidt hårdere ved lungerne end almindelig influenza.

*"does not suffer from any other illnesses or weak immune system"

Comment

Working...
        X