Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 deaths this past week

Excerpt:

State health officials say swine flu activity is on the increase.
    In the week ending Nov. 14, they say 11 deaths have been linked to H1N1 in New York state outside of New York City. A total of 27 people have died in the upstate region since Sept. 1.

Re: 11 deaths this past week

Current key findings from flu monitoring systems in New York State (NYS) for the week ending November 14, 2009, include:
    Excerpt:
    • The overall level of flu activity is currently high and appears to be slightly increasing when compared to last week.
    • The number of people hospitalized with flu is currently high and appears to be stable when compared to last week.
    • The number of people dying with flu in NYS (outside of NYC) is currently 11 reported this week.

-snip-

Comment

Re: 11 deaths this past week

Source: http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=11544195

Upstate NY death linked to swine flu
      Associated Press - November 20, 2009 9:45 AM ET

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - Health officials say an upstate New York man stricken with swine flu has died in the Rochester area.

It's the first death linked to the H1N1 virus in Monroe County, which encompasses the city, since the outbreak began in April. No further details were disclosed Thursday, including whether the victim had any underlying health problems when he died last week.

Four other deaths in the Rochester region, two adults in Ontario County and two children in Wayne and Genesee counties, have been tied to the virus.

State health officials say swine flu activity is on the increase.

In the week ending Nov. 14, they say 11 deaths have been linked to H1N1 in New York state outside of New York City. A total of 27 people have died in the upstate region since Sept. 1.
      "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Working...
      X