Second death in AZ? Need citation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second death in AZ? Need citation

Today's update from the CDC includes a second death in AZ. I am not aware of any news articles about this.
    Wotan (pronounced Voton with the ton rhyming with on) - The German Odin, ruler of the Aesir.

I am not a doctor, virologist, biologist, etc. I am a layman with a background in the physical sciences.

Attempting to blog an nascent pandemic: Diary of a Flu Year

Re: Second death in AZ? Need citation

At the end of yesterdays media briefing it was announced that there were no plans for a briefing today. Now, there is a briefing at 2PM. You can listen in here:

Comment

In reviewing AZ Department of Health H1N1 reports they do not list or discuss deaths.

Comment

The CDC does not include the confirmed death in New York. I wonder if they listed it in the wrong place.
        Wotan (pronounced Voton with the ton rhyming with on) - The German Odin, ruler of the Aesir.

I am not a doctor, virologist, biologist, etc. I am a layman with a background in the physical sciences.

Attempting to blog an nascent pandemic: Diary of a Flu Year

Comment

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Department of Health Services confirmed Tuesday afternoon that another person in the state has died of the H1N1 flu.

The person died on the Gila River Indian Reservation, the heath department said. Calls to the reservation were not immediately returned

The first H1N1 flu death occurred in Maricopa County. The female victim, who was in her 40s, was also suffering from a lung condition, authorities said.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention listed two fatalities for Arizona on its Web site, but it was unclear when the second death occurred. In total, 488 confirmed and probable cases of H1N1 flu in the state.

"Unfortunately, we knew this was coming," said Dr. Bob England, director of Maricopa Department of Public Health, after the first death was announced. "Flu is serious, especially for those with underlying health conditions."

Comment

Second swine flu death reported in Arizona

[/SIZE]
            More Phoenix Local News
            05:30 PM Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

By Azfamily.com
            PHOENIX - The second swine flu death has been confirmed that of a 57-year-old woman resident of Gila River Indian Community in Pinal County.
            She was taken to the hospital with flu-like symptoms and it was confirmed that she had the H1N1 virus.
            She died while in the hospital but it is not known if her death was due to H1N1or to a pre-existing medical condition.
            The public information office for the Gila River was not sure when the woman was taken to the hospital but it was sometime within the last week.

Comment

Working...
            X