Source: http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...rom+swine+flu+
Brevard County reports second death from swine flu
BY KAUSTUV BASU ? FLORIDA TODAY ? September 21, 2009
A 28-year-old Melbourne man suffering from swine flu died Saturday, the second death in the county from H1N1 influenza, the Brevard County Health Department said Monday.
Jarod Scott, who had been at the Wuesthoff Medical Center in Melbourne for the past three weeks, passed away Saturday afternoon. He leaves behind a wife and three children.
?His death was reported to us this morning (Monday),? said Heidar Heshmati, director of the county?s health department.
Heshmati advised residents to wash their hands regularly and see a doctor immediately if they detect flu-like symptoms.
?In a few weeks, we should be able to get the shots for swine flu,? Heshmati said.
The new swine flu vaccine is expected to be available in the United States by mid-October, according to reports.
In August, Tiphani Corley, a 19-year-old Rockledge woman, became Brevard?s first casualty from the H1N1 influenza.
At least 87 deaths from swine flu had been reported statewide by Sept. 15, according to the Florida Department of Health, with Miami-Dade County leading the count with 22 deaths.
Scott, a Melbourne resident who worked on billboard signs, also came down with pneumonia.
?He got sick and then had a very hard time breathing. The test for swine flu came back positive after 10 days,? said Elizabeth Scott, Jarod Scott?s wife.
Brevard County reports second death from swine flu
BY KAUSTUV BASU ? FLORIDA TODAY ? September 21, 2009
A 28-year-old Melbourne man suffering from swine flu died Saturday, the second death in the county from H1N1 influenza, the Brevard County Health Department said Monday.
Jarod Scott, who had been at the Wuesthoff Medical Center in Melbourne for the past three weeks, passed away Saturday afternoon. He leaves behind a wife and three children.
?His death was reported to us this morning (Monday),? said Heidar Heshmati, director of the county?s health department.
Heshmati advised residents to wash their hands regularly and see a doctor immediately if they detect flu-like symptoms.
?In a few weeks, we should be able to get the shots for swine flu,? Heshmati said.
The new swine flu vaccine is expected to be available in the United States by mid-October, according to reports.
In August, Tiphani Corley, a 19-year-old Rockledge woman, became Brevard?s first casualty from the H1N1 influenza.
At least 87 deaths from swine flu had been reported statewide by Sept. 15, according to the Florida Department of Health, with Miami-Dade County leading the count with 22 deaths.
Scott, a Melbourne resident who worked on billboard signs, also came down with pneumonia.
?He got sick and then had a very hard time breathing. The test for swine flu came back positive after 10 days,? said Elizabeth Scott, Jarod Scott?s wife.