Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A/H1N1 Claims Life Of 15-Year-Old Boy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A/H1N1 Claims Life Of 15-Year-Old Boy

    Source: http://www.wftv.com/countybycounty/21227124/detail.html

    Swine Flu Claims Life Of 15-Year-Old Boy

    Posted: 10:47 am EDT October 7, 2009Updated: 11:01 am EDT October 7, 2009

    VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. -- The Volusia County Health Department was notified Wednesday of a swine flu-related death of a 15-year-old boy. Officials report that the boy had health conditions associated with high risk of medical complications from flu.

    Volusia County has four confirmed swine flu related deaths.

    more................

  • #2
    Re: A/H1N1 Claims Life Of 15-Year-Old Boy



    In Volusia County, 15-year-old dies with swine flu
    News image


    It's the fourth swine-flu-related death in Volusia County

    By Pat Hatfield
    BEACON STAFF WRITER

    posted Oct 7, 2009 - 3:52:10pm


    The Volusia County Health Department announced Oct. 7 the swine-flu-related death of a 15-year-old in the county.

    The student, a male, attended New Smyrna Beach High School. His name has not been released.

    Volusia County Schools spokeswoman Nancy Wait said the young man was a special-needs student. He had been absent from school for the past three weeks.

    "We didn't get the diagnosis until much later," Wait said.

    more.............

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A/H1N1 Claims Life Of 15-Year-Old Boy

      Source: http://www.news-journalonline.com/Ne...AD02100809.htm

      October 08, 2009

      Area teenager's death confirmed swine-flu related
      By ANNE GEGGIS
      Staff Writer

      The death of a 15-year-old New Smyrna Beach High School student Saturday has been confirmed as swine-flu-related, officials said Wednesday. The unidentified boy is the first young person of four locally whose deaths have been tied to the virus.

      The student has been out of school since Sept. 16. Prior to that, he was in a self-contained classroom with 15 other students. Given his limited contact with the others and the length of time he'd been away from the 2,000-student school, the Volusia County Health Department told school officials it wasn't necessary to deeply clean door knobs and other surfaces at the school, according to Nancy Wait, Volusia County schools spokeswoman.

      "This student struggled with medical conditions his entire life," Wait said, expressing the school district's condolences to the child's family. "He was at higher risk for medical complications."

      more.....

      -- News-Journal Staff Writer Deborah Circelli contributed to this report.

      Comment

      Working...
      X