Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second H1N1 Death Reported In South Dakota

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Second H1N1 Death Reported In South Dakota

    Source: http://www.keloland.com/News/NewsDet...1.cfm?Id=91095

    10/09/2009 2:37 PM
    Second H1N1 Death Reported In South Dakota

    A second South Dakotan has died from H1N1. The state health department says the patient lived in Todd County.

    The state's first H1N1 death was reported last week; that patient was in their 40s and lived in Shannon County.

    More than 330 cases of H1N1 have been confirmed in South Dakota. So far, 29 patients have had to be hospitalized because of influenza.

  • #2
    Re: Second H1N1 Death Reported In South Dakota

    This 2nd death is on the Rosebud Indian Reservation.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Second H1N1 Death Reported In South Dakota

      Source: http://www.ksfy.com/news/local/63899937.html

      Second SD H1N1 Death in Todd County
      By KSFY Staff

      Story Updated: Oct 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM CDT

      We have a second death related to the H1N1 swine flu to tell you about tonight. Here's what we know so far. he death is out of Todd County and it happened sometime this week. We talked to Doneen Hollingsworth, with the the State Health Department, who says it is someone in their thirties she did not say if it was a man or a woman and they do not know if the person had any underlying health conditions.

      The State Health Department also released new H1N1 information today. They say since the beginning of September there have been a total of 333 H1N1 cases in South Dakota and that this week alone there were 128 new cases of H1N1. There are now a total of two H1N1 related deaths in the state and 73 percent of H1N1 cases were in people 19 years old and younger

      The State Health Department said it's ordered another 9,800 doses of the H1N1 vaccine. The shipment of nasal mist and injectable vaccine will bring the total number of H1N1 doses in the state to 14,800. State Health Secretary Donneen Hollingsworth said the vaccine is going first to high risk groups and will be available for the general public later. Now if you're wondering who is in that "high risk" group it's pregnant women, people who live with or care for infants younger than 6 months old, kids who are between the ages of six months four years old, kids between 5 and 18 years old who have chronic health conditions and healthcare and emergency medical service workers. They will be allowed to get the vaccine between October and November. The second tier of people who can receive a dose of the vaccine between November and December are kids between the ages of 5 and 18, people who are between the ages of 15 and 64 who have chronic health conditions and young adults aged 19 to 24.

      Comment

      Working...
      X