X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duval Marks 12th Swine Flu Death

Source: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...146652&catid=3

Duval Marks 12th Swine Flu Death

DUVAL COUNTY, FL -- The 12th swine flu death in the county was confirmed Wednesday.

A 50-year-old female who died Oct. 4 is the county's latest case, according to the Duval County Health Department.

There have been 109 swine flu, or H1N1, cases in Florida this year. The state plans to release an update on confirmed deaths in the state today.

A statement from the county health department released Wednesday said the first doses of the swine flu nasal spray and flu shot vaccine are being distributed in the county. It is available in limited quantities.

Nationwide, the priorities for receiving vaccines are pregnant women; people who care for infants younger than 6 months; health care workers; anyone between 6 months and 24 years old; anyone between 25 and 64 with a chronic medical condition or a weakened immune system.

As the vaccine becomes more readily available, non-targeted individuals will receive it. The county will provide information on vaccine availability and the types available. No shortage is expected.

In addition, county also urges residents to receive the seasonal flu vaccination. The seasonal flu vaccine is recommended for the elderly, young children and people with certain health conditions
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X