Source: http://www.kptm.com/Global/story.asp?S=11368759
Douglas County Man With H1N1 Dies
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 05:22 PM
Updated: Oct 22, 2009 05:25 PM
OMAHA (KPTM) - A man from Douglas County in his 30s who was suffering from multiple underlying health problems, including congestive heart failure and diabetes, died Wednesday, according to the Douglas County Health Department.
Health Director Dr. Adi Pour says he also had a positive laboratory test for H1N1 flu. The man had been hospitalized for several weeks prior to his death.
State law prevents further details about the individual from being released.
"We share the sorrow of this family, Dr. Pour said. "This man was facing many medical challenges even before he caught the flu."
H1N1 vaccine has been in Douglas County since Oct. 5 and nearly 15,000 doses have been distributed. More vaccine is coming into the community on a regular basis. Until you are able to be vaccinated, please remember the following good health practices:
* Cover your cough with a tissue and throw that tissue away.
* Wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, and keep your hands away from your face.
* Avoid close contact with people who are coughing or appear ill.
* Stay home if you are sick or keep family members home if they are sick.
"We need the public to be patient as the vaccine continues to come into our community," Dr. Pour said. "We understand and share people's frustrations and hope to open large clinics in November."
For more information on H1N1 flu, please visit the Douglas County Health Department's website.
Douglas County Man With H1N1 Dies
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 05:22 PM
Updated: Oct 22, 2009 05:25 PM
OMAHA (KPTM) - A man from Douglas County in his 30s who was suffering from multiple underlying health problems, including congestive heart failure and diabetes, died Wednesday, according to the Douglas County Health Department.
Health Director Dr. Adi Pour says he also had a positive laboratory test for H1N1 flu. The man had been hospitalized for several weeks prior to his death.
State law prevents further details about the individual from being released.
"We share the sorrow of this family, Dr. Pour said. "This man was facing many medical challenges even before he caught the flu."
H1N1 vaccine has been in Douglas County since Oct. 5 and nearly 15,000 doses have been distributed. More vaccine is coming into the community on a regular basis. Until you are able to be vaccinated, please remember the following good health practices:
* Cover your cough with a tissue and throw that tissue away.
* Wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, and keep your hands away from your face.
* Avoid close contact with people who are coughing or appear ill.
* Stay home if you are sick or keep family members home if they are sick.
"We need the public to be patient as the vaccine continues to come into our community," Dr. Pour said. "We understand and share people's frustrations and hope to open large clinics in November."
For more information on H1N1 flu, please visit the Douglas County Health Department's website.